Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.04 Public Beta

Thanks! :)

Is this "Preamp Tube Type" parameter thing (or the vintage option) already a gesture or probably helpful to the http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...uggestions-what-youve-done-enjoy-18-03-a.html crowd, or is it "unrelated"...? [hmm..., hearing the next post's example by Chris (that he somehow removed again) through lousy PC speakers, the difference is 2% at best, so prob not for that crowd unless monitors reveal all]

Sorry I removed it because I'm not sure I recorded it correctly.

Mqo4cbPl.jpg

With this control in the Amp block, you can choose a Modern type for some amps and Vintage for others. Mix and match among amps in the same Preset or change them however you want. For now, we can even choose the X state of an amp with Modern and the Y state of the same amp with the exact same settings, only changing it to the Vintage Preamp Tube type. This way you can easily hear the difference between the 2.
Great thinking, Cliff.

This is more than versatile, now you can do whatever you prefer, old or new.

Cliff this is the right gesture now :victorious:

...and allhail.gif

Honestly I can't tell a difference between them on the FAS Modern. Should this apply for all amp models?

Probably more on some than others..

Thanks Cliff. This is really interesting!!

I like the fact that you trust us enough to share some beta stuff again.
The shit storms of old days (after a big changing FW) is at least less than it was in an earlier period... I love new stuff.

Really neat idea. I guess this will fix the issues anyone is having with 18 not sounding as good as 17. Now you can just use the new feature. Very flexible. No place but FAS can you have everything. Thanks Cliff very cool feature.

Last edited:
This is a minor update over 18.03. The most significant change is the addition of the "Preamp Tube Type" parameter. There are three settings: Modern, Vintage and Test. Modern is the model used in 18.03. Vintage is the model used in 17.xx. Test is a new algorithm I've been working on that models cutoff behavior more accurately. This parameter is ONLY available from the front panel at this time.

Excellent. Cheers for giving the option.

With this control in the Amp block, you can choose a Modern type for some amps and Vintage for others. Mix and match among amps in the same Preset or change them however you want. For now, we can even choose the X state of an amp with Modern and the Y state of the same amp with the exact same settings, only changing it to the Vintage Preamp Tube type. This way you can easily hear the difference between the 2.

Great thinking, Cliff.

Yes, this is a great implementation. Best of both worlds.

Awesomew to see you guys react so fast to the feedback from different members of this community !!

Thanks Cliff and Fas .... AWESOME !!!

Back
Top Bottom