Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.03 and Presets

Love logging in to surprises like this! Thanks Cliff and team for the gift that keeps giving! You guys work ethic and customer service is unrivaled! Hail Fractal!

Updated FW and now not sure what's happened to my XL. None of my preset edits will save, so I can't fix any up/overwrite them/delete them, etc. Have updated the preset banks but it seems the bank updates won't save either or something.
Never had a problem with my XL until this update.

Updated FW and now not sure what's happened to my XL. None of my preset edits will save, so I can't fix any up/overwrite them/delete them, etc. Have updated the preset banks but it seems the bank updates won't save either or something.
Never had a problem with my XL until this update.

Never heard that one before , Do you have latest Ax Edit ? try disconnecting everything and edit from front panel to see if that works ! If not I would re install firmware .

It happened a few times today when adding a delay block to a preset - it was cured sometimes if I moved to a new position block but not always . I need more time with it but just wondered if anyone else had the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard that one before , Do you have latest Ax Edit ? try disconnecting everything and edit from front panel to see if that works ! If not I would re install firmware .

Yep tried that a few times, latest updates on everything. It seems like storage issues, it will say 'Stored!' when editing on front panel and 'Preset Saved' in Axe Edit, but they don't get stored/saved. Tech Support has been almost non existent unfortunately, very frustrated.

Yep tried that a few times, latest updates on everything. It seems like storage issues, it will say 'Stored!' when editing on front panel and 'Preset Saved' in Axe Edit, but they don't get stored/saved. Tech Support has been almost non existent unfortunately, very frustrated.

Tech support doesn't work on Sundays. Someone will surely get back to you tomorrow.

It happened a few times today when adding a delay block to a preset - it was cured sometimes if I moved to a new position block but not always . I need more time with it but just wondered if anyone else had the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well this happens when you move to fast the Delay Block - I usualy now make a click first on the block I want to move and then I move it and it never happens again..
And when it happens again, just insert a new block fo the delay or what ever you where trying to move and axe edit will insert the same delay block with exact same settings you just lost...

Reactions: Rex
Finally updated the MFC and the XL.. Love this update! Took a few minutes to reprogram the MFC, but well worth it. So far I've only created one new patch, Shiva Clean and AFD100... kinda got stuck on those tones all night last night. I believe it was for over 5 hours. AFD100 sounded excellent.. Played over half the songs from Slash's Snakepit album "Ain't Life Grand".. Holy shit was it easy to get really damn good tones close to the album.. Maybe next time I fire up the XL I will be able to work on other tones:D

There's no need to reset amp models. That's for presets where you may have tweaked the amp model away from its defaults. You're loading factory presets designed for FW 18.03. They're already what they need to be.

When importing my own saved presets back on to the axe should i be resetting the amp block in this case ?

Depends on what firmware version they were saved under. It won't hurt to reset them and see which you like better.

Ok Thanks. I'm a long way back at 13.02 so major update for my presets !
While you can go right to 1803, there were so many major changes since 1302 you might want to set aside an hour just to go through all the releases and the changes that came with them.

Can't wait to hear Dizzy Herb ,Cliff will you put the mid cut parameter set to the 400 hz that they use on this model and add cln channel?

Back
Top Bottom