Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

I'm really curious about the presets, not because I really use them too much (I just prefer to dial from scratch) but because:

About the Axe FX XL:
XL -128 Mb of non-volatile Super-FLASH memory allows for storage of up to 512 presets and 512 user cabinets with copious reserves for future expansion.
There is enough FLASH memory to store 1024 presets and 1024 user cabs but I'm reserving half the memory for future upgrades.

I'm curious if this will be address any time soon. I really want to know what that space is being saved for haha.

I'm really curious about the presets, not because I really use them too much (I just prefer to dial from scratch) but because:

About the Axe FX XL:

I'm curious if this will be address any time soon. I really want to know what that space is being saved for haha.

Knowing Cliff, I doubt he actually has any current plans for that YET. The only thing Cliff ever seems to plan for is leaving room for the sudden inspiration he will inevitably get. Personally, I like that. When companies plan too far ahead they either windup breaking promises, or giving you some piece of crap because it was in the plan, and not because it was what was best for the customer.

Well definitly FW18 is more realistic than previous, but it's more hard for me to get a good tight tone. Did you notice that? I think that maybe I have to check the sat parameter but well I will try soon again...

FW18 changes A LOT old presets haha there is work to do here for the next gigs!

Well definitly FW18 is more realistic than previous, but it's more hard for me to get a good tight tone.
I'm not sure what you mean by tight, but in my experience, it's easier than ever to achieve a good tone.

Look at the changes you made in the past to achieve a good, tight tone, and consider undoing them. :)

Well definitly FW18 is more realistic than previous, but it's more hard for me to get a good tight tone. Did you notice that? I think that maybe I have to check the sat parameter but well I will try soon again...

FW18 changes A LOT old presets haha there is work to do here for the next gigs!

Interesting , Quite the opposite here ,bottom end is tighter and more defined on pretty much everything!

I just finished upgrading the MFC and did a factory restore on it/reprogram on it, updating the II to 18.01 and clearing/reprogramming the system parameters, and AxeEdit to 3.1.6. I'm now more then ready to rock....

I've been completely blown away by the 18.01 so far. I set up a little preset with a 600 ms or so delay and a 3 switch overdrive pedal. No compression. Cab is #59. I set the volume through the Tannoy's to fairly loud; loud enough to really get back into the guitar pickups; not deafening by any stretch. Pickup set to bridge position. It sounds absolutely fantastic in every mid or high gain amp immediately with no adjustments???? WTF! Isn't this really odd? It used to typically sound a little harsh and need to be reigned in on just about every one. Wow! I'm stunned. I couldn't ask for anything more. Except maybe Cliff's autograph, and an MFC..

Last edited:
I've been completely blown away by the 18.01 so far. I set up a little preset with a 600 ms or so delay and a 3 switch overdrive pedal. No compression. Cab is #59. I set the volume through the Tannoy's to fairly loud; loud enough to really get back into the guitar pickups; not deafening by any stretch. Pickup set to bridge position. It sounds absolutely fantastic in every mid or high gain amp immediately with no adjustments???? WTF! Isn't this really odd? It used to typically sound a little harsh and need to be reigned in on just about every one. Wow! I'm stunned. I couldn't ask for anything more. Except maybe Cliff's autograph; and a week off from work so I won't need to call in sick in order to keep playing the guitar. My excuses are getting a little unbelievable. Uh Oh, I forgot, my boss visits this forum....

Are you using the Tannoy reveals 5 0r 8 woofer??

Be sure to check out the new cabs.

A pretty cool combination is to use the 4x12 Fractal GB and the 4x12 Fractal V30 in stereo.

Ahhh I got carried away checking out amps in v18 all evening I forgot all about the new cabs doh...it'll be cab-night next; especially am curious to try the new IR's that were just recently shot.

The v18 Double Verb with a humbucker and the input cranked just screams '60 Pete Townshend/Who; the '65 Brownface is soooo sweet and is very 'tweaky' and fun to dial in and play with.

Yea, I can see why guys are liking the Carol-Ann (these amps are fun to dial in too) and CCV amps; great sounding modern rock amps...

I just finished upgrading the MFC and did a factory restore on it/reprogram on it, updating the II to 18.01 and clearing/reprogramming the system parameters, and AxeEdit to 3.1.6. I'm now more then ready to rock....

how do you 'clear/reprogram the system parameters'

Just upgraded, but now my computer sounds aren't working through the Axe FX. Any suggestions? I didn't change anything on the computer. Just upgraded the Axe FX, then nothing. The Axe FX still works fine with guitar, it just isn't working as a general interface with the computer..

Just upgraded, but now my computer sounds aren't working through the Axe FX. Any suggestions? I didn't change anything on the computer. Just upgraded the Axe FX, then nothing. The Axe FX still works fine with guitar, it just isn't working as a general interface with the computer..

As per the release notes:
NOTE: The USB Return Level parameter will be unitialized after installation of this firmware. Set the desired USB Return Level via the I/O->Audio menu.

Back
Top Bottom