Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

I hit "Update All Amps All Presets" first because I was getting the loud presets and rotary sounds on some of them. After that I hit "Restore System"

Update Amps Defaults does nothing for the Rotary.

Also, Restore System may not really reset the system settings. It just restores an earlier backup of the system.
To reset, use Utility > Reset system params.

Not a complaint - we have so many fantastic models in the Axe now. I figured it is nice to know when you are amp hopping, which aren't G3 yet. You don't see the (G3) designation until you actually select it, it's not on the list. So, list of amps NOT G3'd for those that are curious is below.

Blankenship
Bludojai
Brit Pre
Brit Silver
Buttery
CA OD-2
Cali Leggy
Car Roamer
Citrus A30
Citrus RV50
Citrus Bass 200
Class A 15w TB
Concert 6G12
Div/13 CJ
Div/13 FT13
Energyball
Fryette D60
Gibtone
Herbie
HiPower
Hot Kitty
Jazz 120
Prince Tone (just one of them)
Solo 99
Spawn Nitrous
Suhr Badger 30
Super 6G4
Super Verb
Supremo Trem
SV Bass
Trem Lux
TX Star
USA Bass
USA IIC+
USA Sub Blues
Vibra King
Vib Verb

You have a typo. It's a DIV/13 FT37

I noticed because that's one of the amps that I'm eagerly awaiting to get the G3 treatment. Was a bit disappointed that it did not make the cut with the release... But I'm loving the new FW. Great job Fractal audio.

I installed and used it yesterday for reamp, because I have a finger with a cut, and it sounds more realistic. I reamped a little song Im doing and the difference with FW17 is big.

Karl when I had a JVM410H I used a decimator pedal in front of the amp and a gmajor in the loop using the gate and that kept the beast controlled.

I did too, but it was too much cutoff for the less noisy gain and clean modes and still cut off the sustain on the higher gain modes. Didn't like it. In the Axe, the JVM's don't need a second NR solution in the "loop". There's no hum or hiss from that part of the virtual amp.

I used a JVM410h for years, best amp I ever owned, and I've owned alot.
It was noisy yes on the higher gain, but that's only because it had a ridiculous amount of gain which doesn't need to be used..

But the cool part about the Axe models is that much of that unusable gain range in the real amp IS usable in the Axe. :)

I guarantee this is what will happen to me: I'll get GAS for a JVM...even though I don't really have a place to use one...and I'll go try one out. It won't live up to the Axe. I've already done this twice. :)

I installed and used it yesterday for reamp, because I have a finger with a cut, and it sounds more realistic. I reamped a little song Im doing and the difference with FW17 is big.

Related question to this: did you change your USB level from the now-default -60 when you reamped a previously-recorded direct track, or did you adjust it first? If so, what level did you set it to to match the direct track you previously recorded? I have some previously-recorded direct tracks I might try re-amping myself, and was curious how the old levels translated to the new.

Related question to this: did you change your USB level from the now-default -60 when you reamped a previously-recorded direct track, or did you adjust it first? If so, what level did you set it to to match the direct track you previously recorded? I have some previously-recorded direct tracks I might try re-amping myself, and was curious how the old levels translated to the new.

I updated to 18.01 and reset globals. After that the only change I did is to set input source to USB and output to USB/Digi Out. Nothing else and it worked fine.

I feel stupid asking this question but here it goes..... The new Firmware downloads are labeled as XL and XL+, what is the XL+ all about? I am running a XL model. Just wanted to make sure I install the correct update. Originally I downloaded the XL+ update and when going to install I selected XL on the Axe-Bot, pointed to the XL+ update and it gave me a error message, then selected Axe-Bot as XL+ and it also didn't like that would lock up when trying to select the file, so its currently installing the XL update. Just wondering what the XL+ is all about....

I feel stupid asking this question but here it goes..... The new Firmware downloads are labeled as XL and XL+, what is the XL+ all about? I am running a XL model. Just wanted to make sure I install the correct update. Originally I downloaded the XL+ update and when going to install I selected XL on the Axe-Bot, pointed to the XL+ update and it gave me a error message, then selected Axe-Bot as XL+ and it also didn't like that would lock up when trying to select the file, so its currently installing the XL update. Just wondering what the XL+ is all about....

Announcing the Axe-Fx II XL Plus

I know it's been said 1000 times already but FW18.01 is another HUGE step forward... fenders marshals and boogies (that's all I tried so far) have made a helluva jump since FW17.03... I just spent the morning tone matching my boogie through a PA again and have finally failed my own 'blindfold test' - a few times! I just powered down my amp now & after eight years & 1000+ gigs, I'm not sure I need to use it again... Wow... I mean the possibility of having a plethora of equally stunning Plexis, Voxs, Fenders etc just a foottap away is almost too good to be true... Jeez I just hope my ears aren't playing tricks on me & this all sounds this good tomorrow...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom