Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

I come from FW 17.04 to 18.01, gone through Utility Updated all amps &presets, switched amp forth and back for reset, sounds very good! But do I need reset all blocks in my preset, like GTE,Drive, cab and PEQ too are there any changes that I have to do??? I think I've read about this, not sure..

All I can say is this firmware version is incredible... Thanks FAS, I know you all having been working really, really hard on this. All I can say is that this has paid off. I am really happy. Thanks!

INSPIRING - I don't normally gush about firmware's they've all been good since I've started this trek , more incremental than earth shattering but this one OH BOY
Ex. someone mentioned a CCV amp this morning - I say what the hecks a CCV look on the Wiki oh a Cameron , huh ok give it a shot OH Yeah this sounds good / oh ok this sounds great . So I write a song and it touches me in that spot you know that thing when you make music and it touches your HEART ! Well there it is, that's what this is all about. You can officially call me a Fanboi well too old to be a Boi so FANMAN I am - a VERYBADFANMAN - INSPIRING :eagerness:

Reactions: J.C
I just did a system reset and updated all presets and now every preset sounds clean and identical. Any idea what happened?

I had that very same thing happen. I went into the IO and reset the input to analog (front) to something else and back again, and switched the word clock thing from Auto to something else and back again. Cleared it up.

To me, it sounded like cab modeling was bypassed, but it wasn't.

I was upgrading from the first 18 beta.

I had that very same thing happen. I went into the IO and reset the input to analog (front) to something else and back again, and switched the word clock thing from Auto to something else and back again. Cleared it up.

To me, it sounded like cab modeling was bypassed, but it wasn't.

I was upgrading from the first 18 beta.

Hmmm. Just tried that and nothing happened....Interesting.

Can someone tell me the best way to restart/reboot the system. I have my two favorite presets saved to my computer so I can pull them back in

I'm really impress by the realness of the amps tone! For whatever reasons, on master volume models, I set the master volume around 1.75-2, nomore, just like the real thing to benefit from preamp distortion, and clean poweramp tone. But on some models, like the Carol-ann's, it sounds fuller with MV around 4. But even at low MV, the feel is great. I really think the JVM models rocks!! I set the gain really low, especially on the red channel 2, there is an insane amount of gain on those models, just like the real thing. With Ultra res. cabs, things can get fuzzy depending on the amp model. I like to lower the triode hardness, a trick Cliff post some days ago, it really smooth things while retaining the core tone. Those Friedman cabs are my new favorite ones. Keep them comming with more mics options!! Thanks again Mr.Chase!

Back
Top Bottom