Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

I just installed the 18.01 and tested the JVM (only preamp without sag) OD 1 Or and Red (I have still not tested the OD 2), it seems sound better than before but in the original amp I hear still more thunk and glue effect !!! I should use a filter block to gain the bass range to emulate the original preamp. I hope in a Pre Eq shaper directly in the amp block in the future releases !
Thank you FAS for your patience and work !!!

I hate to be the person who thinks he hears difference when maybe there is no difference to be heard but My God! My HBE patch sound so damn good coming from 18 beta to 18.01?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...e-18-01-released-post1168977.html#post1168977

"You should notice better midrange and treble clarity on certain high gain amp models compared to the beta. I did a lot of critical listening and comparing of the new algorithms over the last few weeks and noticed a tiny bit of "signature" to the sound. I traced that to the triode cutoff formula being too "soft". The new formula removes that signature which also yields increased clarity and string separation for models that rely on preamp distortion."

I just installed the 18.01 and tested the JVM (only preamp without sag) OD 1 Or and Red (I have still not tested the OD 2), it seems sound better than before but in the original amp I hear still more thunk and glue effect !!! I should use a filter block to gain the bass range to emulate the original preamp. I hope in a Pre Eq shaper directly in the amp block in the future releases !

Glue effect?? Please elaborate. I've never heard this related to amps and sound..

But then again, i tried to write down all the words on how to describe guitar sound once..
Conclution was that i did not bother... And damn us guitarists nerdy creativity on descriptions..

What about those preamp sims that are inside the cab block now? They can put "glue" on my tones, maybe that would help you too.

The new FW sounds great. It may just be my imagination but it sounds a little more tame than the beta? It seems I could get that raw amp sound a little easier with the beta?

Glue effect?? Please elaborate. I've never heard this related to amps and sound..

But then again, i tried to write down all the words on how to describe guitar sound once..
Conclution was that i did not bother... And damn us guitarists nerdy creativity on descriptions..

ahahahahahaha !!!!!:lol

It's the butter man !!! :)

Ok... it's official:
2015 is the year of the death of the modeling technology!
From now... we must talk about the new cloning technology... where the DNA of the best amps and cabs in the history of the electric guitar is cloned inside 1 black box!!!
Period!

A little late to the party. Just had my initial (too short) spin with 18.01.
:eek: Whoaa!! It packs a PUNCH! No idea if it's more realerer or whatever,
but I like it al lot so far. Cool stuff! 8)

Last edited:
Barely had time to try things out last night- at Cliff's rec, I setup a quick stereo-UR cab with the 2 new Fractal 4x12 cabs with the SLP1959 Jumped model. Pretty blown away by what I was getting using my main Strat. That is indeed a killer cab combo. I noted the Nuclear Tone (Swart Atomic Spacetone) model has been G3'ed as well- happy to see that one get the treatment. Nice work FAS- you guys continue to amaze.. congrats

Back
Top Bottom