Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

Please keep doing whatever it is you're doing. Just played through a few amps and am awe struck. Awesome as ever FAS!

You should notice better midrange and treble clarity on certain high gain amp models compared to the beta. I did a lot of critical listening and comparing of the new algorithms over the last few weeks and noticed a tiny bit of "signature" to the sound. I traced that to the triode cutoff formula being too "soft". The new formula removes that signature which also yields increased clarity and string separation for models that rely on preamp distortion.

Just installed this and it's not bad at all....but I guess I'm feeling kinda meh.

I mean, it's ok, really - I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed or anything, but I think I'll go back to my Behringer V-Amp for now.

Any word on when the G4 technology is dropping? Will that be in the next firmware? If so, I guess I can wait a couple of days.

Edit: Sorry everyone, I forgot to turn my Axe-FX back on after the update. We're good now.

ROFL!! A friend of mine actually had a V-Amp at one time. The key word being "had"!!

You should notice better midrange and treble clarity on certain high gain amp models compared to the beta. I did a lot of critical listening and comparing of the new algorithms over the last few weeks and noticed a tiny bit of "signature" to the sound. I traced that to the triode cutoff formula being too "soft". The new formula removes that signature which also yields increased clarity and string separation for models that rely on preamp distortion.

Thank you for all the work you constantly put into this. You are preserving beloved amps for years and years to come.

Fw18.01 sounds and plays awesome! Thanks for the update, Cliff!

Question: Ever since 18beta the rotary block is active for pretty much every preset when it loads, regardless if it is meant to be. This did not happen before fw18, but I figured it was a beta bug and something that would get fixed with the arrival of the official release. Unfortunately, even with fw18.01, the rotary is problem is still there. Is there something I need to adjust in my settings? I don't see other people mentioning this issue.
Thanks!

Fw18.01 sounds and plays awesome! Thanks for the update, Cliff!

Question: Ever since 18beta the rotary block is active for pretty much every preset when it loads, regardless if it is meant to be. This did not happen before fw18, but I figured it was a beta bug and something that would get fixed with the arrival of the official release. Unfortunately, even with fw18.01, the rotary is problem is still there. Is there something I need to adjust in my settings? I don't see other people mentioning this issue.
Thanks!

Turn it off and then save the preset.

Wow early on its seems Like Mr Camerons CCV is the star of the the show for British Modded Hi gain . perhaps dethroning the long standing HBE for some??

Wow early on its seems Like Mr Camerons CCV is the star of the the show for British Modded Hi gain . perhaps dethroning the long standing HBE for some??

The key to the CCV sound is the Sat Switch. Turn it on in the HBE model for some of that juicy goodness. Set the amount of saturation with the Sat Drive parameter (front panel only atm).

Not for me. While the Cameron is even more stellar and more pissed soundin, it's just more artillery for the arsenal. The HBE still rocks heavily.:D

Ear Candy Cabs Buzzbomb?????? Never taught I'd see a fractal version of this cab in the Axe. Anyone know how this came about?

damn you soft triode cutoff formula ;)

Thanks to the whole FAS team

Back
Top Bottom