Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

One of my favorites. It slays now.

Hi - i heard some hubbub about the MAtchless Amp. I never used one before nor have i ever messed with the modeled version. I tried it last night and wasnt so taken by it. What Cab IR do you think i should try to bring out its goodness? Also is it meant to be gritty? it seems to clean up well but it def distorts quite early... Thanks!

Hi - i heard some hubbub about the MAtchless Amp. I never used one before nor have i ever messed with the modeled version. I tried it last night and wasnt so taken by it. What Cab IR do you think i should try to bring out its goodness? Also is it meant to be gritty? it seems to clean up well but it def distorts quite early... Thanks!

If memory serves, it does seem to break up a little earlier than before, but it sounds fantastic to me. My favorite cab for this amp is the Tom's Mix L & R that I made in Cab Lab by combining both the Tom's Mix L and Tom's Mix R cabs that came in one of the cab packs from Fractal. I think one of the two cabs (maybe the L) was included in one of the previsou FW releases (extra UR cabs that were included in the folder with the FW)- not sure which FW that was though. I combined them in Cab Lab and panned them both to center.. killer cab for the Vox-type amps like the Matchless DC30.

I finally finished "tweeking" my presets. To be fair enough I would say it was not a big effort, I discovered that reseting the parameters and just increassing the output level where more than enough to have a more "exquisit" sound in mos of the amps I use. I discovered as well that pushing some amps with an external Analog Signa Drive pedal the palying experience it gets way better. Still in the discussion with some of my friends if there is a drastical change between FW17 and FW18 this weekend we will get together and compare elbow to elbow as one of my friend has not updated theirs already just to continue having fun with this "magic box". If we can make it I will share some impressiones afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom