Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

I just finally got around to testing some guitar tones against drums in a heavy type mix... "Omigod" is what comes to mind. The guitars sit so freakishly nice now (especially with the new Slate VCC on them). I'm using FAS Modern I and a mix I made up of the new OH Modern cabs (positions 03 of the Mesa and Diezel English 8 ohms), just dialing back the hi resonance in the speaker tab until it stops hissing but still grinds away. Dear Lord in heaven. It sounds so good it's almost stupid! STUPID! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Slighty off topic but I just got the new Slate VCC as well and it seems almost like it was designed with the Fractal in mind and I'm on 17.04 !

Just came back from a jam where I used the studio's JCM-800 modded combo and spent most of the night thinking I shouldn't have been lazy and brought out the Fractal and a CLR...after spending the last few nights playing G3 I felt like I'd taken a step backwards in some ways...

Upgraded to fw18. Sounds great and really sturdy. Gigged with it last night and all is good although the friedman hbe sounds amazing there feels like a noticeable amount of gain is lost, it didn't feel as easy to play and lacked the sustain I was used to with fw17.04.

this is absolutely amazing. the axe-fx is the best investment I have ever done in my life. There is no other pleasure like turning it on and enjoy how it feels.

I just can't stop playing! going on 3 hours straight with an SLO preset :O

Upgraded to fw18. Sounds great and really sturdy. Gigged with it last night and all is good although the friedman hbe sounds amazing there feels like a noticeable amount of gain is lost, it didn't feel as easy to play and lacked the sustain I was used to with fw17.04.

really? gain is lost? how much of it do you need? not noticing it here at all

WHAAAT??
So this is a major update and Axe-Edit 3.1.2 is still working fine??

yep.

edit- 3.1.4 is the newest one, which I'm on. I must have updated when 17.04 came out. Available here http://www.fractalaudio.com/p-axe-edit-software.php

XpJyI6n.png

Back
Top Bottom