Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Drive1987 i did raise that your FW18 clip overall volume same value like FW17 did have ,and i was check what there was going on also in frequency analyzer. I was surprised there was some high end in second clip ,but that photo you can see what there is happening for both of those sounds. Violet curve is FW17 and Yellow curve is FW18.

Yup, thats exactly what concerns me. No big deal. Im sticking with 17.04 until final release at least.

And as to the snotty comment from a different post.... yes I do build from scratch AND use factory presets. ;)

some of you guys should consider re-installing. it seems that such drastic issues are very isolated. also, again, if you do a lot of deep-editing, don't expect it to translate to the new algorithms.....there's not way to account for however you've virtually modded an amp to your hearts content.

Something to remember, is that just as with real amps, not all of them are going to subjectively sound "good" to all users. I don't love every G3 model in the Axe, but I also don't love every real world amp. The very fact that different models sound so different really shows how great and accurate this new modeling tech is.

If I loved the tone of every G3 amp, there would probably be something wrong, because I've owned/played many of these amps, and the ones I don't like in real life I don't tend to like in the Axe, and vice versa. Doesn't mean they sound "bad", but simply that they don't fit my subjective taste of the tones I hear in my head, so to speak.

i think the bottom line is that if you do a lot of deep editing, don't update and expect it to sound the same or even good....some parameters have been removed and it will def affect your tones. I do ZERO deep editing and have only found improvements across the board. amps I didn't even like before I like now.

I'm not saying it's an earth shattering night and day difference....but IT IS different. better. sweeter. more natural. organic. open. present.

Actually, is there a list anywhere of which advanced features have been removed/added?

I am fully confident that the final release of FW18 will kick ass. But I am following conventional wisdom and skipping the beta.

There was no Wrecker Rocket in 17.04. That amp model used to be Wrecker 1 and it was based on a the Wrecker model from the Ultra. Since there is a "real" Trainwreck model now (Wrecker Express) the Wrecker 1 model has been replaced by a new "Wrecker Rocket" amp model. So comparing the two firmware versions using that preset is not applicable.

If you are just using factory presets you really shouldn't be using the beta. The beta is for "skilled" users who understand how to create presets from scratch and how to dial in amps (whether real or virtual).

When the release version of the firmware is ready there will be new factory presets as well. So if you are a novice user I highly recommend staying with 17.04. You do a disservice to the quality of the algorithms and the other members of the forums by posting things like this without understanding what's going on.

Somewhat off topic, but isn't the "Ruby Rocket" based on a Trainwreck Rocket? I get that it's actually a Paul Ruby amp, but isn't the TWR the... inspiration... behind that model?

Somewhat off topic, but isn't the "Ruby Rocket" based on a Trainwreck Rocket? I get that it's actually a Paul Ruby amp, but isn't the TWR the... inspiration... behind that model?

I believe it is.

So, I spend like an hour with my old higain/hard rock preset using some PEQ delays and stuff and mainly the two amps - Severe 1 and Recto2 red modern - I don´t know what you did Cliff, but I found that my mouth was watering (I hope that it makes sense - I mean I could literally drool if I let it go :D) and I was also making faces (kinda like Mark Day, but his are more pronounced and awesomer :D) and I havent done that with any modeler I owned before and it happened when I first started using AxeFx :). I would assume that something is really happening with this firmware :). Also people hear mention the 3d effect - I am using mainly headphones and when trying some of the amps I had a feeling of a certain kind of a room reverb, kinda like early reflections or something, but very subtle and very musical. (I had no reverb or room setting in cab advanced pages).

On the other hand I noticed that there seems to be a bit less of high end - it is not a bad thing actually, I just noticed, I had to dial some of the treble back, because it just needed it.

and by the way all the Mesa amps I tried are really good now - it is very easy to get a great lead tone just by cranking the gain.

OK, enough ranting and babbling, it is somebody else´s turn :)

thanks again Cliff - I was enjoying the Axe since like firmware 13 but now it is almost unbelievable :)

:B

The Ruby Rocket is not the same as an actual Trainwreck Rocket. There are topology differences and the amps don't sound the same. Hence there are now two models.

. Also people hear mention the 3d effect - I am using mainly headphones and when trying some of the amps I had a feeling of a certain kind of a room reverb, kinda like early reflections or something, but very subtle and very musical. (I had no reverb or room setting in cab advanced pages).

This guy knows whats up! This was something I wanted to say the other day but couldn't get away from playing long enough to do so.
Good ear man.

Thanks Cliff and crew, excellent job on this one for sure! As said above something special this time around with just the amps....room verb.
And some amps you can hear a big difference that's for sure. Even when recording it's there but really audible when playing live.
Also, as you mentioned in another thread, this new firmware is indeed very inspiring to play!!

Huge thanks for all your work!!

So I understand this correctly...

(1) "FAS Wreck" is the FAS-designed take on a TW?
(2) "Ruby Rocket" is based on a Paul Ruby Rocket that itself is based on (but not a direct clone of) a TW Rocket... which is (and I use the term loosely) based on an AC30?
(3) "Wrecker 1" is based on a TW Express?
(4) "Wrecker 2" is an actual TW Express?
(5) "Wrecker Liverpool" is based on a TW Liverpool, which is essentially a TW Express preamp into a TW Rocket poweramp?

...I think a trainwreck just took place in my skull :D

Back
Top Bottom