Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Fractal needs to fix the rotary speaker and wah though. The former seems enabled by default and the latter doesn't seem to want to turn off once turned on with the pedal.

The wah and modifiers haven't been changed in this beta.

dialed up the double verb and put a couple of the fusion backing tracks from youtube on and 2 hours later my wife came looking for me. got lost in the experience.
thanks cliff and fractal

The amp I've noticed with the most change so far is the Brit Brown , It is much louder and gain is much lower ,one of my go to factory presets Round Lead is really wacked now, not an issue for me I can re adjust it! Just wondered if this is this what everyone is experiencing ,or is it just mine ?

The amp I've noticed with the most change so far is the Brit Brown , It is much louder and gain is much lower ,one of my go to factory presets Round Lead is really wacked now, not an issue for me I can re adjust it! Just wondered if this is this what everyone is experiencing ,or is it just mine ?

I've noticed something similar for Wrecker Rocket in factory preset #30 Wrecker.
It become quieter, boomier, muddier and has less gain also. Is that ok? Is that what was intended?

I've noticed something similar for Wrecker Rocket in factory preset #30 Wrecker.
It become quieter, boomier, muddier and has less gain also. Is that ok? Is that what was intended?

The factory presets haven't been updated for a while. Several major firmware versions were released in the meantime.
Tonal and level changes are to be expected.

the glassyness from my 8-string dimarzio ionizer pickup, neck humbucker single coil split is insane, this is a split humbucker! NO, IT'S A TWANGY HENDRIXY SINGLE COIL!!!!

I've always thought this would not be possible. old almost rusty strings too, and I'm getting that glassy single coil twang when picking closer to the fretboard.

this is 18!!!!!!!!!!

The factory presets haven't been updated for a while. Several major firmware versions were released in the meantime.
Tonal and level changes are to be expected.

Here's the sample. Factory preset #30 Wrecker (Wrecker Rocket). First one is 17.04, second is 18:

A huge difference. I didn't expect that some amps will be affected much more than the others.

This FW 18 is the best my XL has ever sounded !
Normally iv'e struggled with my Tele sound compared to my Axis MM super sport, but now... Holy Moly...
I Swear its the greatest thing iv'e heard since i popped Prince's LOVESEXY in2 my cd player back in 1988 :)

Days of Joy ahead.
God Bless u guys over at FA . mwah. xxxxxlovesexy.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
The trainwreck liverpool was my go-to last night. Prior to 18Beta it had too much gain for my taste. But now....HOLY SHIT! roll gain off to about 4 and hit it through OH alnico blue and it is just...bliss!

I was fooling around yestarday with a couple of JCMs and Plexis G3 modeled and I would say:

"Guys, your are so close to prove that the main gap between analog and digital effects it is nostalgia"

Thanks for such a great effort to go beyond limits and continue improving what has been already an amazing device.

Reactions: CCT
Here's the sample. Factory preset #30 Wrecker (Wrecker Rocket). First one is 17.04, second is 18:

A huge difference. I didn't expect that some amps will be affected much more than the others.

A lot of what you're hearing is the difference in level. Turn it up until the volume matches the volume of the first sample, and watch it spring back to life.

Back
Top Bottom