Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Updated, fired up a BE patch and haven't let go of my guitar since (except to type this). I just can't leave that thing alone. Bye--gotta play some more.

I'm still on 17.02. A few weeks ago when 17.03 came out i did an update but went back to 17.02 because the changes of the delays were too big (in a good way) but i didn't had the time for tweaking cause i was gigging. But now i want to upload FW 18. Should i consider doing something??? Is it necessary to upload 17.04 before...do some tweaks on my presets and then FW 18 or will there be no big changes, just improvements in my presets?! Is it correct, that the Amp blocks will be automatically improved and doing a reset on them isn't necessary?

You don't need to go to 17.04 first, but honestly I'd just skip FW18. To date, the response and overall interest in it seems pretty lukewarm, and people that have tried it don't seem to report much, if any, improvements in the overall amp tone/feel. ;)

Uploaded last night and quickly re-worked a few of my presets and so far things are sounding really good! can't wait to scratch build a few to see how they sound. Thanks Cliff and FAS team! Your hard work is very much appreciated :encouragement:

You don't need to go to 17.04 first, but honestly I'd just skip FW18. To date, the response and overall interest in it seems pretty lukewarm, and people that have tried it don't seem to report much, if any, improvements in the overall amp tone/feel. ;)

That's because we cant break away from playing. This FW is amazing!

Can definitely hear and feel the difference on the G3 amps. Sounds awesome. One thing I've noticed...the Plexi amps got brighter...I think. That's OK in that I've adjusted my Treble and Presence accordingly, but I'm at around 12 o'clock on both and that's with Les Pauls. I can't imagine diming them like many do on the real deal. For reference, I'm using the recent V3 Ownhammer mixes in the "6" position and cutting at 80 and 15000 on the low and high end.

Can definitely hear and feel the difference on the G3 amps. Sounds awesome. One thing I've noticed...the Plexi amps got brighter...I think. That's OK in that I've adjusted my Treble and Presence accordingly, but I'm at around 12 o'clock on both and that's with Les Pauls. I can't imagine diming them like many do on the real deal. For reference, I'm using the recent V3 Ownhammer mixes in the "6" position and cutting at 80 and 15000 on the low and high end.

I kind of agree. I wonder more though if it affects the bass differently hence cause the tones to seem brighter. I sort of did the same as you. I raised the bass, drive and brought down the treble a bit. Overall, things are feeling a lot different and better.

my girlfriend is coming home from a long day at work and I'm late for making dinner, that's how good it sounds! I'm in trouble!!! I nailed a Jimi Hendrix tone just throwing some knobs around!!! It's an 8-string split coil neck pickup thing and it's giving me the hendrix twang wtf man!!!!! what did you do??? this is magic!!! no!!! this is curse!!!! :'D <3

Use at your own risk. You should backup your presets if you need/want to roll back.

BW-FAS-G3.jpg

Thanks FAS and Cliffanator for the hard work! I am going to patiently wait for the official release! :D

I've been stuck on the AC-20 Deluxe Treble since updating. It just sounds so sweet! Strangely, it almost sounds like a I have a new guitar as well since brilliant little details are more noticeable now.

Many thanks FAS!

Okay, poking my head out of the guitar room for a minute to say.....damnthisthingjustgotevenbettereragain. All the (G3) amps I've tried are more balanced, smoother, more reactive to dynamics, and just flat-out fun to play. Things that I thought just couldn't get much better, like the Fr(ie/ei)dmans, DID!

I'm really looking forward to the Splawns, the rest of the Bogners, and the Camerons!

Thanks to all at Fractal for all of the hard work and dedication.

Not to poop on the G3 party, can't wait to try it, but any bug fixes in this beta, ie Roland Expression Pedal Midi Running Status support? If so I'll load'r'up tonight.

Hey Justin, what IR are you using with this Brit Brown sim, just curious on your take with it is? Im still digging your mix IR you put up a few weeks back. By the way what is the mix of speaker(s) in that one as I hear a few things going on?

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom