Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

I only work tomorrow. I got wed-sun off. It will a glorious week for me. Home alone, wifeless, with a new update. There will be a battle of who gets my hand. Hell, I might go stranger with my axe fx knobs on my left hand and my man know on my right.

You the man cliff

What an awesome way to start the day! Thank you Cliff. Will check this beta today for sure. It looks like USA amps are in G3 mode as well. am I wrong? Can someone confirm this?

Just updated. Def sounds good, but different. Gonna need to redo presets from scratch I'd say. But all good

Have a 2 week of baby at home so need to need get in there when I can

I cheated. I couldn't wait till after my surgery. All the G3 stuff sounds really nice. I noticed a lot more gain on my Boutique 2 patch. It sounds fantastic but definitely more gainy and more 'British' sounding. So far I'm loving the various flavors of Plexi. Hopefully by the time I'm out of hospital and recovered enough to play the full G3 release will be out. Oh yeah, the rotary sounds great too!

Cliff and team,

Has there been any talk about creating a new set of presets (all Banks), that will take all of the new wonderful coding into account? Just seems like a hell of a good time. I'm sure you have little extra time, but giving the full experience to the person playing (maybe even more important for those new buyers, so the full scope slaps them in the face, as it were) sure seems like a smart move. Sorry if this has already been broached. I didn't see anything along these lines.

Cheers,
Lee

Perhaps if each and every users played the same guitar, with the same pickups, through the same rig this would work, but in reality presents don't work that way. I end up tweaking pretty much every preset, at least a bit, to account for my guitars, and my own subjective taste.

If a user wants to be "slapped in the face" with the tone the unit is capable of, they merely need to twist a few knobs til it sounds right. When its dialed in, you know it, just like with a real amp.

Cliff and team,

Has there been any talk about creating a new set of presets (all Banks), that will take all of the new wonderful coding into account? Just seems like a hell of a good time. I'm sure you have little extra time, but giving the full experience to the person playing (maybe even more important for those new buyers, so the full scope slaps them in the face, as it were) sure seems like a smart move. Sorry if this has already been broached. I didn't see anything along these lines.

Cheers,
Lee

I think it would be very cool ,there are a few user preset tones that would be great to get in there .Like Marks . Sustainer pedal and some of Fremen killer presets a couple of acoustic IRs loaded in . I know a bunch are avail but as you said a bunch of them factory installed would be killer

Finally - I like the sound of my GT1000FX/Atomic Reactor passive cabs. Fw18 has brought them to life for me (Orange Terrier G3).

Rotary - I've been looking for that Frampton Leslie Lead thing - In Rotary 18 I'm hearing it much better.

Thankyou FAS!!!!

Edit: I can even get along with Mr. SLO now - yikes.

Last edited:
Finally - I like the sound of my GT1000FX/Atomic passive cabs. Fw18 has brought them to life for me (Orange Terrier G3).

Rotary - I've been looking for that Frampton Leslie Lead thing - In Rotary 18 I'm hearing it much better.

Thankyou FAS!!!!

I was looking at the GT1000Fx/Atomic Setup myself, glad to hear it's sounding even better!!!!!

wow fantastic, my main go to amp is a Rockerverb, so not a whole lot of change there to my ears, but I have a plexi 50 jump patch that I can;t stop playing, swapped out to the 100, and I can;t believe how this thing cleans up, was looking for the sweet spot and could;t get out of it...

don't even go to the class A 30 hot...gonna be a late night...and I have work to do!!!!

just a huge thank-you!

wow fantastic, my main go to amp is a Rockerverb, so not a whole lot of change there to my ears, but I have a plexi 50 jump patch that I can;t stop playing, swapped out to the 100, and I can;t believe how this thing cleans up, was looking for the sweet spot and could;t get out of it...

don't even go to the class A 30 hot...gonna be a late night...and I have work to do!!!!

just a huge thank-you!

I believe Terrier is the only Orange ported so far, so more goodies on the way for your Rockerverb. Try the Terrier for a nice juicy orange.

Last edited:
haven't gotten to mess with very many of the amps, yet, but since I was playing with a BE patch before I updated I went back to it immediately after the update finished. I don't know the right terms to use, but for me, there has always been a smeared quality to both the BE and HBE models...like there was this sheen over the entire tone I couldn't get rid of and didn't like. I noticed immediately that it was gone. the tone was much more present, clear defined, in your face...organic. can't wait to explore the rest of the amps.

Changed my mind... I love the Atomica High with the new (?) OH v30 4x12 UR cab. Really tight, high gain, cool tones.

Back
Top Bottom