Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Nice update.

Like others, I found the 5153 models REALLY nice. Swapped out whatever I had in my lead patch with the 5153 Red model.

Then I landed on Band-Commander amp model for my clean/lil bit dirty blues patch. Glassy grunt with a nice bite.

I love my AxeFX II. I love that Fractal and Cliff keep up'ing the ante with each major firmware update.

It's almost like we're falling into a Fractal Firmware Addiction. :)

Oh no, I do a ton of TM'ing. I hope if that is true, that when Cliff get's a few weeks to relax he will take a listen and see if he notices it. I won't be updating probably for a few weeks so I can't check to make sure:(

after amp reset, tm patches were a little better but nothing like they were before update. some in my case are playable a few are awfull. but for me it is no killing affair because I don't ply live with any of them.

Oh my god!! Or I might say Oh my Cliff!! The Plexis!!! Roaring like the thunder!! Every pick stroke is like Thor hammering an anvil on fire!! This is insane!! No placebo here! This is unreal!! Dynamics are fantastic!! And the Friedmans....wowwwwww!! Less gainy than before but meanier!!! I can't wait for the Camerons and the Splawns to be converted to G3!!! Another succes story for Cliff and for all Fractal community! Congratulations to all the people involve in this guitar revolution day!!

Here is a tip I did that worked out great.

• Backup all your preset banks in FractalBot first.
  • Then load FW18 beta & follow FAS instructions.
  • Lastly, reload your preset banks using FractalBot.

It seems to solve the Rotary issue.

Out of all my presets, 95% sound much improved and, dare I say, crushing on the heavy stuff & heavenly on the cleans.

I also noticed some of the CPU usage has went down in 18 on some of my presets, so that's nice!

Also some of the glitching between scene changes seems to have disappeared now.

The 5% that weren't improved need a little EQ taming of the piercing upper mids that are realistic in certain amps, like the clean channel of a Soldano. That is really no big deal when you hear the "gains" of this firmware.

This truly rocks!!! Thanks Cliff, Matt, the rest of the FAS team, & the rocking crew of beta testers.:encouragement:

Like a good Recto should be I hope.

Absolutely! My Recto preset initially sounded kind of hollow when I booted up 18b. I slowly brought up the bass/mid freqs in my post-amp/cab EQ block, and in addition to bringing back my lost low end, there was now this lovely, thick crunch in the lower midrange without being overwhelming or drowning out the high freqs. No fizz. Zilch. And I lay the gain on pretty thick. Job bloody well done, gentlemen.

haaaa… JCM800..
get it cooking, then turn on the boost switch and in the EQ page make a like little cut in the 500 band and a little boost in the lower bands..
it turns into a fkn head case..
it's awesome

Just started playing with the 800 mod with the boost on.. oh wow. The way the notes break up, particularly the bass notes is just amazing. Really out of control in the best way.

Downloaded, fired up a Recto and OH MY GOD!!!!! This is mindbogglingly good! Thanks Cliff for making me stay up all night to play and going in to work tomorrow as a zombie.

This thing just keeps getting better. It's unreal. Guys ask me all the time "is it good?" I tell them "the Axe fx is so good if you could squeeze your dick into one of the inputs it would suck it." I'm betting it would...

Most likely. They should sound pretty good even without being G3'ified.

Can confirm. My main gain patch is part Recto Orange Modern, part Diezel Herbie 2+, and I am.... pleased... To say the least. The lasting and evolving value we all receive from this instrument continues to astound.

I've been checking daily for G3 since Cliff first mentioned it and now I just left for a week long vacation. Suddenly it's not vacation anymore. It's banishment from playing with G3.

I've been checking daily for G3 since Cliff first mentioned it and now I just left for a week long vacation. Suddenly it's not vacation anymore. It's banishment from playing with G3.

Ouch!! Feel for you. I am in luck. Chinese new years eve is tomorrow. China is basically "closed" for 2 weeks so Im idling with pay...

Download complete! Thanks Fractal Bot! And thanks to whole FAS making this the best and cheapest investment ever in music history

Rock n Roll!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom