Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Be sure to try the new Rotary (reset the block first).

The default settings already sound excellent.

Or increase High Level for some shimmer. This gets me close to my Neo Mini Vent.
Wish fulfilled.

Last edited:
Bad timing for me. I'm about to get in the car and drive away for 3 weeks. No chance to take my axe fx with me. Guess I'll let you guys figure out all the issues for me! Maybe the final will be out by the time I get back.

I just pulled up my normal patch (which was a Friedman BE), changed the amp over to Brit Brown....and have found the meanest, glassiest Marshall tone ever.
This sounds crushing.

Flipped the amp to 'Y', and selected the Two Stone1.....couple of quick tweaks and this also crushes.

(here's a horrible way to describe it)....The amps sound more different from each other than they did in the past. They have more unique character. So far, I'm floored.

I can't believe you guys pumped this out with all the snow storms we've been having up here. Thank you for your relentless hard work FAS.

I just pulled up my normal patch (which was a Friedman BE), changed the amp over to Brit Brown....and have found the meanest, glassiest Marshall tone ever.
This sounds crushing.

Flipped the amp to 'Y', and selected the Two Stone1.....couple of quick tweaks and this also crushes.

(here's a horrible way to describe it)....The amps sound more different from each other than they did in the past. They have more unique character. So far, I'm floored.

I can't believe you guys pumped this out with all the snow storms we've been having up here. Thank you for your relentless hard work FAS.

Yes, the G3 version of the Brit Brown is a really great model.
The Two-Stone is not a G3-model yet but still sounds awesome.
And I agree, the models do have more identity than before.

Not a bug. Please read the release notes! The Rotary block will need to be reset in patches where you're using it.

Ye, I guess that would've been a good idea. Easier said than done when your inner child is screaming 'ZOMG new firmware play play play!' tho :)
And I gotta say it sounds absolutely stellar, well done!

And I agree, the models do have more identity than before.

Ah...there's the non-horrible way to describe what I was trying to say. Thanks Yek!

And I guess I should have spent some time with the Two-Stone in the past, because I'm absolutely loving it.

None of the amps I use in my main amps are converted yet lol I happen to have picked the couple Mesa and Marshalls that aren't done quite yet.. the odds lol

Time to make new presets!

And I guess I should have spent some time with the Two-Stone in the past, because I'm absolutely loving it.

It's an amazing model, ye. It was the topic for the AOTM thread in January, but sadly the thread died out really quickly :(

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

18.00 Public Beta

Also, the Rotary block now supports X/Y which simplifies slow/fast switching.

No Rotary X/Y entry in the I/O:CTRL Menu. Hardware: Axe-Fx II. How to remote X/Y?

Back
Top Bottom