Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.00 Public Beta

Thanks Cliff!!!! Looks like a sleepless night ahead!!!!! Updates on The Axes right after rehearsal!!!! Rock it !!!!!

I think I'll wait till after my surgery tomorrow and I'm a bit recovered in a week or two. It will give me some motivation to come back faster. :)

Thanks for letting everyone play though!

Good luck with your surgery, I am going "under the knife" tomorrow as well! Four wisdom teeth coming out, one of which has a root that's shaped like a hook and needs to be cut out. Perfect timing to get a few days off and a bunch of pain killers, gonna be a weird few days me thinks. God speed Hellbat, and thanks Cliff!

Damn you! Like I didn't have enough great amps to choose from in the Axe, now its doubled! This sounds so incredibly good in FW18 I just cant enough of each G3 amp I try. Hard to settle.... Can't believe how good the amps FEEL.

Amazing!!! Thanks Fractal!!!!

How do we shut the rotary off in all presets?

• Press the LAYOUT button to bring up the grid
  • Navigate to the ROT block in the grid
  • Reset the block to factor defaults by quickly double tapping on the BYPASS button while the ROT block is highlighted
  • Press the EDIT button to edit the ROT block
  • Reset it how you like it
  • Press the FX BYP button to bypass it
  • Press the STORE and ENTER buttons to save the preset

Does this new beta change everyones presets drastically?
I wanna try the new firmware but am afraid I haven't got enough time to get my presets working again for an upcoming gig this weekend.

Anyway thanks for all your hard work Cliff!
been playing Axe-FX since 2007, and it just gets better and better.

I've played with 18.0 beta for about 10 minutes. First impressions: On presets where the bass was cut by an EQ block, I had to make the cut not quite so severe. Once I brought those levels up it was pure magic. Even the absence of the Character controls were not missed. Note definition and separation is better. Distortion character is just delicious. This applied to all amps I tried, even those not yet fully G3.

Saw the 18 Beta Update as I was packing the gear after a full day of production rehearsal. Sore fingers and a head ready to explode - unpacked my rig and had a fast run through 20-30 preset and amps. New Fenders and Wreckers sound really good but the new Comet is breathtakeing, same goes for the Dirty Shirley (that has been G3'ed as well, right ?).

do note that the Power Amp Hi and Low cut parameters in the Amp block advanced tab are gone. so if you used those before to shape your tone, the amp might suddenly be brighter or boomier than before, solely because that setting isn't there anymore.

there still is a Low and High cut parameter in the Amp block, but not the Power Amp Low/High cuts.

i would recommend starting from scratch for all updated g3 amps to get the best out of them. you can of course do some quick things to get into shape for playing quickly, but to really get the most out of it, reset your amp and take some time to learn what's new :)

right from the start, fw18 hits you.. you hear and feel it right away..

I only use three amps in my presets
5153Red [G3] <-- was awesome.. now off the scale
Herbert Ch [G2] <-- which seems to have grown something unexpected in the awesome direction.. not sure what it is.. not going to try to find out.. just gonna riff it silly..
65 Bassman Normal[G3] <-- loved it when it first showed up, but now it's staggering

the 5153Red and Herbert ch3 together are riff central.. clear and tidy in the lows.. fiery in the highs and just boot the door in..
the 5153Red with a 10dB boost in front of it just sings and sings and sings.. it's the lead tone I've always longed for..

the Bassman was the real surprise.. I just can't stop playing it [which is quite something coming from an occupational shredder]..
I've managed to find that perfect 'not quite clean / not quite aggressive clean'..
finger style or gentle with the pick and it's clear as a bell. Dig in and it thickens and almost barks at ya.. beautiful tone..

Back
Top Bottom