Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.03 Released

The new FW sounds excellent! The patches I've been using lately immediately sounded better to my ears with no tweaking (more balanced and alive). Thanks Cliff & FAS & Merry Christmas!!!

Funny. I'm seeing fixes on amps I never knew were in there...

I really got to get back to some tweaking when I get back.

Slopes are really environmentally friendly here. All green...Thats what what I get for going cheap. Then again. Good snow is hard to find in Europe this year.

Thanks for the Christmas prezzies, Cliff!

Don't you ever get tired of flogging the same horse? Don't get me wrong, please continue, I would hate for them to stop... Can't help being curious what drives you.

Oh hell, since fwe 17.00 I'm 2out of order" as I have really bad finger problem in my middlefinger. I've strained to much lately with strng gauge 010 and have gone now back to 009 what I'm used to all my life. I would love to play, but as soon as I play it starts to get worth and I have to give it a rest. I'm dying for this lovely sounds. I haven't played now over 5 weeks and even taken some cortison tabletts to get rid of. I hope in 1 or 2 weeks it will be ok again, as gets now slowly better:?

I'm still updating everey time and try a little bit and thanks to Cliff and FAS for this Xmas gift:encouragement:

Different aproaches:
The fat switch on the VibroKing increases the gain in the low and middle frequencies of the amp.
The fat switch in the Axe shifts the tonestack center frequency down.

So do we just leave the Fat switch in Vibra King FAT amp off in AXE EDIT??

Thanks FAS team! I cannot wait to update mines. Unfortunately I'm working Christmas Eve and won't come home till Christmas morning!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you ever get tired of flogging the same horse? Don't get me wrong, please continue, I would hate for them to stop... Can't help being curious what drives you.

The answer to your question lies in understanding engineers. Abridged version:

To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1)things that need to be fixed, and (2)things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them. Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Normal people don't understand this concept; they believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it into a stun gun. No engineer can take a shower without wondering if some sort of Teflon coating would make showering unnecessary. To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and feature-poor toys.

The fastest way to get an engineer to solve a problem is to declare that the problem is unsolvable. No engineer can walk away from an unsolvable problem until it's solved. No illness or distraction is sufficient to get the engineer off the case. These types of challenges quickly become personal -- a battle between the engineer and the laws of nature.

Engineers will go without food and hygiene for days to solve a problem. (Other times just because they forgot.) And when they succeed in solving the problem they will experience an ego rush that is better than sex--and I'm including the kind of sex where other people are involved.

Nothing is more threatening to the engineer than the suggestion that somebody has more technical skill. Normal people sometimes use that knowledge as a lever to extract more work from the engineer. When an engineer says that something can't be done (a code phrase that means it's not fun to do), some clever normal people have learned to glance at the engineer with a look of compassion and pity and say something along these lines: "I'll ask Bob to figure it out. He knows how to solve difficult technical problems."

At that point it is a good idea for the normal person to not stand between the engineer and the problem. The engineer will set upon the problem like a starved Chihuahua on a pork chop.

More here.

Thanks Cliff and Merry Christmas to the entire FAS community.
V17.03 is great. Last night's gig was even MORE fun!

Thanks and merry Christmas to everyone at FAS! Such an amazing product that I get great joy out of every time I plug into it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic -> Suhr Badger Models undated <- they were good - but I could not A/B the 18watt against my actual unit and call them matched - hoping this does it!! Thank you for your attention to detail Cliff - These various re evaluations and corrections you keep doing show a huge desire for absolute accuracy - This one means a lot to me - as I am sure they all hit home with others and their favorites.

Rockin Christmas to you!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Cliff and the entire FAS community! Thanks for everything!

All the very best!
Terry

It's like Merry Cliffmas and Happy New Gear rolled into one every time we get a firmware release. :)

Yep....that's about as cheesy as I get. :encouragement:

Oh yeah looks like a happy way to start my Boxing Day. Thanks Fractal, awesome as always hurrah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always had a funny feeling with the VH4 ch3 in the Axe.. like it was similar to the VH4 I met face to face a few times, but somehow now quite there..
also.. I had no idea there was a blue face / silver face thing going on… never aware of that at all..

but now I've had a chance to meet the VH4 ch3 Silver…
ahhh yeah… that's the one… that's the VH4 I remember.. that wonderful balance between beauty and aggression

and now I've had a bit of a chance to noodle with the new functionality / amp behaviours [due to the modelling enhancements]
epic stuff…. truly epic..

the album is done… I only really have movie work on the go right now [which is all orchestral / choral scoring]..
so in the gaps in the schedule… I reckon it's time to redesign my presets.. take them to the next tonal / functional level..
I am so looking forward to this..

Cliff / FAS.. you guys have made my day…
thank you so much…
superb stuff you guys have done..
tips hat with much respect and admiration..

Back
Top Bottom