Axe-Fx II Firmware 17.00 Released

Cliff, thank you so much for adding the presence shift for the USA amps! USA Lead now reminds me of how I had my Mark IV setup when I had "my" tone dialed in.

"...The Sat parameter controls the ratio of even/odd harmonics."
Awesome. Does turning it up (clockwise) increase even harmonics?

GREAT ADDITION!

Added VU meters to Utility menu. The meters show the relative loudness of the channels. These readouts can be used to help set preset levels to the same apparent volume. For convenience the level of the Amp blocks can be set from this page. Also, the value of the Output Level knobs is displayed in this page for reference (note that this is only for reference and does not affect the VU meters as the measurement is prior to the Output Level potentiometers).

In axe edit 3.1.3 is there a way to choose preamp types? Im looking on the cab window. But the buttons aren't selectable. Same with character type in the AMP tone window.

In axe edit 3.1.3 is there a way to choose preamp types? Im looking on the cab window. But the buttons aren't selectable. Same with character type in the AMP tone window.
You should see the preamp type selector directly to the right of the 'preamp' button. you can either toggle through the choices or click on the white text and select from a 'menu'. The 'character' type is the same - it's located in the middle of the panel.

Fack.. This Rumble tone stack is awesome. Applied to just about al of my dirtier patches and poof.. Release the hounds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I used the Vu meters to level the bulk of my presets this evening. They are a great addition. I would have thought I had most at about a 3dB difference, but some were up to 10dB off the norm. Going back and comparing afterwards I could tell they were very close now. This is just in time for a show next week.

The pre section in the cab block is also a sweet feature. It allowed me to dump a bunch of PEQ's I was using for after amp tone shaping.

Awesome update, thanks much!

Thanks! It's a Yamaha TRB 1005J, not a particularly expensive bass but I consider it a lucky find. I went into my local music store a while back to get some strings, tried it out of curiosity and left with it. Plays and sounds like a more expensive bass to me. Before that I had a Musicman Sub (bass is my 2nd instrument, I play guitar mainly) and the Yamaha is streets ahead for me.

I'll try and save out the patch (haven't done that before although I've backed up the entire Axe FX a couple of times, I assume it's a similar process).

I have an XL though so it would require that. I should say though that it's based on a patch I found here originally and then tweaked to suit my bass/playing style, I'm using a pick in the clip I posted. The part with the overdrive is the Rat type.

View attachment 24065

Thanks for info on the bass. I might check it out. As i would like to have a 5 string.
ahhh.. i only have axe fx II.. and not the XL.

************************************************** *****************************
Replaced the two 4x12 “Kalthallen” cabs with two UltraRes samples from Cab Pack 7.

I might have missed it, somewhere in the 11 pages of this thread, but... I didn't see *any* comments about these two cabs. The "other" thread about cab pack 7 and Clark's cabs was filled with high praise, so I would have thought many people on the forum would have jumped with joy to be able to sample a couple (for free) in the new v17.0 firmware...

Anyone?

Maybe.

I'm tired of chasing the past. It's time to create the present and the future. Everyone is hung up on recreating rather than creating. Chasing 30-year old tones. Meh.

You've got the biggest box of tools ever created for the guitarist. Every color and brush imaginable. Forget paint-by-numbers. Create your own masterpiece.

Therefore I'm not going to tell you what they are based on. Many people here need to start using their ears more and their eyes less.

+110% I totally agree! That's the reason I bought the Axe-Fx II. I just turn knobs and press buttons until my ears are happy and don't care if any of my presets sound authentic. I want to sound like me! I'm able to make sounds that inspire me to play and be creative. I wish FAS would make more FAS amp models or start working with musicians to make custom signature series amp models. If you want the past, then go empty all your funds and buy the past. If you want the future, the Axe-Fx II will get you there and you don't even need Plutonium or to drive 88mph! Authentic amps? Where we're going we don't need authentic amps!

Confused arrg. Help Me !

Hi,i shoot some bass GK ir`s some time ago. But i did not get the ir. files (on the old fw..bug)
And now i i what to caprure the ir of my own axe fx II using the it caprure.. get me ??
So i can get the ir file (to mix in cab-lab)..so i can share the bass ir with you all.

How do i hook up axe fx to do this ??? I DO not GET it..
Output 2 L--input 2 L ?
Echo ?

I totally understand why Cliff doesn't want to bother telling us what the mic pres are based on, but I was planning on using these for some vocal mics instead of having to use VST channel strip plugins. It would be nice to know what I'm plugging into.

Back
Top Bottom