Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.01 Released

I held off until last nights rehearsal was out of the way. I'll update it tonight. Thank you so much for the update FAS :)

I'm almost afraid to update... version 15 feels so right to me that I can't imagine it sounding better. Its inspiring to play

I'm almost afraid to update... version 15 feels so right to me that I can't imagine it sounding better. Its inspiring to play

I thought the same thing. I skipped the beta, but took the plunge here... and well, it's 'more better' if that's possible, more inspiring. Certainly on my current go-to presets.

very cool, FAS.

I can't play loud after work at home, but tonight's the night I find out how loud my headphones go!

Thanks Cliff and FAS!!! Gig tomorrow so i must wait! Can't wait to try it! Thanks again!

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I literally just installed the beta and remember someone suggesting to play with the bias hardness, so i was looking through the thread and noticed that 16 was out. 2 FW updates in one day. Life could be worse.

hmm, I prefer the tones in 15.06. 16 seems a bit more chewy, grindy and a bit muddier, but I find 15.06 sounds clearer, sweeter and more open. Back to 15.06 I go!

FAS does it again!
Question: there was something in the beta about not needing to reset the amp blocks... is that still true, or should I do it the 'old' way?

the goal is "realism". I think anytime a new firmware is released, it stands to reason, you may need plan ahead, and be prepared to review your settings. If Fractal only had 2 customers, I think it is conceivable that one person would have settings that are thin, and the other would have settings that are already balanced.

If a new firmware is released, and improves bass realism or sensitivity, the user whose settings were inherently thin, will report "has full bodied sound now!!!" and the user who's sound was already pretty balanced, will report "sounds muffled/bass heavy/boomy".

There are so many variables and levels of customization within the amp block, that it is impossible to know the impact a firmware upgrade will have, particularly when you factor in the fact, that the modifications/improvements/enhancements affect the factory amps differently, since they take the amp's circuitry into account.

If you upgrade - be prepared to dial in your tones all over again. If you can't afford to commit to that process, don't upgrade. The box sounded awesome when I first got it, and we were on firmware 5 back then.

This update is fantastic. I finally can remove the drive block i felt I needed in order to keep the bass tight. The amps now seem to be able to keep it together without any extra help. And, the low end is massive. Awesome times in the black box.

Back
Top Bottom