Axe-Fx II Firmware 16.00 Public Beta (Update: Beta1 Now Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark I/II: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/16.0/axefx2_16p00beta1.zip

XL: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/16.0/axefx2_xl_16p00beta1.zip

Note that the official Version 16.00 will have much more but those things being worked on aren't ready yet. We felt that these improvements were something that shouldn't be kept from the users in the interim.

EDIT: Official Version 16.00 is now released.

Belated happy birthday to me!!! Thanks Cliff!

You SERIOUSLY can't back up on the XL? Why? Seems like a great feature. Another reason for me to not GAS beyond my trusty II MK I...
On the MK I and MK II, presets are stored in SRAM, which relies on the Axe's internal battery to keep it alive. On the XL, presets are stored in FLASH memory, which doesn't require a battery. So the ability to back up presets to FLASH on the XL was removed, on the idea that it was no longer necessary.

Even though the presets are no longer at risk from battery failure on the XL, there is still value in being able to back up your presets internally, as a hedge against human error.

Remember that you can—and should—still backup your presets to a computer.

hmmm said release would have much more, and doesn't have much more, what happened to the much more, I need much more ;)

hmmm said release would have much more, and doesn't have much more, what happened to the much more, I need much more ;)

Mark I/II: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/16.0/axefx2_16p00.zip

XL: www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/16.0/axefx2_xl_16p00.zip

We were going to wait to release 16.00 as we are working on some other enhancements but we felt that the improvements to the amp modeling justified releasing it now so that we can get this firmware into currently shipping units.

If you installed the beta (16.00beta1) then that firmware is identical and you don't need to update.

He changed his mind. More to come later.

It's been released on the Forum, but is not released, yet, on the Fractal Audio Systems website. Just an FYI.
Only Forum and staff have access, now, as far as I can tell.

I was very happy to find out how easy it was to update the firmware. With other "lesser" items I have used in the past it was a royal pain for some of them to update. My update was fast and seamless!

Is it just me, or has the file been taken down? I keep getting a "page not found" error.

Yeah it's not working at the moment. Usually that happens when a newer version is being worked on because of a bug. I'm sure you'll see it back up soon.

The Official FW 16 is there , the beta isn't ! Why have 2 of the same ?
If Fractal just went ahead and released the beta version as an official release, just think of all the people who would be asking, "Why are you releasing a beta version?" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom