Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.06 Released

And here I am, packed up for a move, still anxious to try out the AFD models!

Awesome work FAS!

They are awesome! Although I haven't nailed "Slash's tone", they are pure raw rock in your face badass. I can't decide which one I like the most of the two. Trust me, you will love them!

Might be bug, maybe not, but when I went from 15.02 to 15.05 I lost at least 15db gain at input side on all my acoustic guitar patches.
This is on input 2 L&R using the FXL block, splitting to 2 GEQ in parallel (that process internal acoustic mic & pickup separate from each other) the parallel come back together at MIX block, then PEQ and chor, then split again to run DLY block & RVB block in parallel.

Have had very little time to troubleshoot but after gig last night I went to FW 15.02 and bank A backup, looked at all input trim, input section and output gain in each block. Then loaded 15.05 and looked again. Looked the same but massive gain difference.

Will troubleshoot more tomorrow. Anyone else using input2 L/R for acoustic GTR, no amps/cabs?

Anyone else using input2 L/R for acoustic GTR, no amps/cabs?

Would you not use Tube Pre block in the signal chain from input 1 for that? I haven't messed with it much and I was just curious if you've played with it it at all and liked/disliked, since it seems you're fairly focused on acoustic playing.

Would you not use Tube Pre block in the signal chain from input 1 for that? I haven't messed with it much and I was just curious if you've played with it it at all and liked/disliked, since it seems you're fairly focused on acoustic playing.

No - tube pre adds undesirable coloration. Output gain on zero at at all blocks except MIX and final output which are where I get gain within the patch. Input two is cranked on i/o page. These have been same for years. It changed day of upgrade. Did a number of gigs on 15.02. It all changed day I went 15.05.

I choose 1 block to boost the volume due to lack of amp block for my acoustic chain. Currently it happens to be the MBC, but if it's really low and you're in a rush just add a Filter block set to Null type and increase the level as needed.

I use input 1 but I didn't notice anything dropping radically.

My basic acoustic preset chain is amp-less too:

Comp -> Tone Match -> Filter 1 (null for makeup gain) -> MBC -> GEQ (usually flat but used for 0-6 db boost)

Hey solo-act.
Check the new 'master Q' parameter in you GEQ block. It defaults to 0.1 but should be at 1.0 to act as before. I have the same issue here but after changing it, it seams to be louder than before?

On 15.05 here, not fixed. No mention of it in 15.06 notes. I haven't installed it yet.

It's working fine here. No mention of it in the 15.06 release notes because it's mentioned in the 15.05 release notes (which are immediately below the 15.06 notes). :)

I use input 1 but I didn't notice anything dropping radically.

My basic acoustic preset chain is amp-less too:
I'm using input 2 L & R, FXL block, MBC, GEQ, FLT, MIX, PEQ and CHO, DLY, RVB as needed. No amps, pres or cabs. Been this way since early ultra days through dozens of FW upgrades with zero issues.

All blocks but 1 GEQ, MIX, and output are at zero. There's gain available everywhere. Point is I lost 15db or more going to 15.05 and trying to find out if anyone else using input 2, (no amps cabs pres) has experienced this.

If anyone is using input2 and similar blocks, they haven't replied. I'm trying to trblshoot while out of town today because I'll have little time before gig tonight and would prefer to solve if possible instead of going back to 15.02. Don't think I've ever downgraded a firmware. This would be a first.

If I have time before gig I'll start a thread on this.

Hey board I just got to downloading the latest just now and the file is axefx2_13p07.syx

Did you guys pop another one in there or is this in error?

Back
Top Bottom