Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.05 Released

Would you be so kind to explain how you would use those features ?

:) not totally sure if I get what one can do with that ..
I was wondering the same thing. One thing that came to mind was using scene controllers to adjust the gate to account for clean vs. massive gain in the amp.

Is there a possibility of doing some fancy thing like this with the Globals? It would be awesome to have that kind of control there.

Haven't tried 15.05 yet, but i trust it to be as great as FW15 already is, and this feature request : + many

(along with being able to save multiple states of the global EQ on both outputs!!!)

Yeah ! eh please ..... :encouragement:

Upgraded to 15.05 and under Utility -> Firmware it says: 15.05. But in Axe Edit 3.0.12 it says 15.04.

How come?

One possible is to use Scene Modifiers to change your gate settings in different scenes. E.g. different gate settings for clean vs. hi gain.

Exactly. The first thing that springs to mind for me would be to have a very tightly gated highgain rhythm sounds and then ease up on the gate slightly for lead playing so the tails of sustained notes don't get chopped.

Thanks Cliff! Didn't update yet, but I love the extra 256 presets. I don't have to backup/delete my "lab" tones so often. I guess a new bank was added, so I can keep one bank just for my labs...

Many thanks!!!!

Exactly. The first thing that springs to mind for me would be to have a very tightly gated highgain rhythm sounds and then ease up on the gate slightly for lead playing so the tails of sustained notes don't get chopped.

The GATE block could be used for this before but it's nice to use the built-in one and save some CPU.

Thanks Cliff! I haven't been playing in the last few weeks due to a back injury. But of course I had to play last night. And boy did I have fun. Pain never felt so good!

Hi everyone,

I got my first Axe FX II XL in May, and I hadn't updated the firmware until yesterday, with the release of 15.05. After updating, I loaded the Axe-Fx II XL Preset Banks A, B and C (for FW 15) that I saw on the support page. My questions is: do I still need to reset the amp block on the factory presets now?

Hi everyone,

I got my first Axe FX II XL in May, and I hadn't updated the firmware until yesterday, with the release of 15.05. After updating, I loaded the Axe-Fx II XL Preset Banks A, B and C (for FW 15) that I saw on the support page. My questions is: do I still need to reset the amp block on the factory presets now?

No, loading the Version 15 presets did that for you.

Adding a modifier on the threshold and ratio parameters is what I've been waiting for for a long time! No I can change threshold when changing to lower gain and clean setting! Thanks Cliff!

Back
Top Bottom