Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.03 Released

My patches are mostly amp->cab->delay->reverb now. I've removed all "tweaking EQ" from my presets. I've never been a drive block guy though.

Pretty much how my patches are set up with a noise gate (if needed), and a wah block.. occasionally a drive block to push a clean amp into bluesy breakup. :D

My patches are mostly amp->cab->delay->reverb now. I've removed all "tweaking EQ" from my presets. I've never been a drive block guy though.

I'm using modifiers to control gain and overall volume, so I don't have to leave Amp1X unless the song requires a completely different amp. Most songs do not. A real JCM800 is also an awesome sounding "clean" amp, believe it or not, and the same holds true for the Axe models - you can usually go from clean to mean. And this helps me eliminate the drive blocks, as well, in most cases, which gives me a lot of CPU headroom for other spacious effects when needed.

Too busy learning songs for the wife's acoustic gig to load it up right now, but Damn I'm looking forward to this one!

Thanks as always!

set the inverse- homomorphic filters: I was waiting exactly for this I love homophobic inverse filters, they are the shiznit as someone above said. I am sure I will be playing like Petrucci now on a sunny day in san Francisco. (all intentionally tongue in something/cheek, Ill stop while Im not ahead) anyhoo Thanks I hope?! I dont want to change too much!

Nu uh, nope, not down here in texas. we don't tol'rate nuna dat homomorphic filterin'.

Totally agree
Since FW 14 i'm just with amp, cab, delay, rev to take benefits of the improved amp tone.
And just have to select the right Ir, becoming a critical part of the tone, the amp Q increasing.

BMT messing around noon, gain presence & depth to taste, and get through the Irs ! Love the TV Ures, Mesa and Citrus, 5153 from factory, and the OH HGE & MGE.
that's it

thanks FAS, Cliff & the team, my best gear as i always say to my wife !

Basically my signal chain as well. I mean I appreciate all the other effects and stuff being available, but other than EQ many versions ago that was it. I haven't put an EQ block in a patch in ages.....hell I'm rarely adjusting anything other than dialing in the gain structure when I feel fancy these days. I just made a cleanish plexi patch last night that I had to force myself to turn off because I wouldn't have gone to bed at all.

I know it's a bit off-topic, but I have to ask: How the hell is the Dimebucker pickup worth a username and how did you manage to get a great sound out of it? IMO, it's one of the most atrocious pickups out there, bar none.[/QUOTE]

I was choose this Dimebucker to username long time ago ,and I don't anymore remember why. And I like Seymour Duncan SH-13 very much ,I have been using that pickup long time. Amazing pickup I must say its very close to Seymour Duncan JB ,witch is good sounding pickup too. SH-13 is little more aggressive pickup ,if I compare those two and works amazing for me. SH-13 and JB pickups works very well mahongany guitars ,because mahogany is dark sounding wood. I was test many pickups before and after I was found SH-13 ,and always SH-13 did sounds best for me. I don't know what kind of music you listen or play ,and what guitar and pickups you use.

Last edited:
Basically my signal chain as well. I mean I appreciate all the other effects and stuff being available, but other than EQ many versions ago that was it. I haven't put an EQ block in a patch in ages.....hell I'm rarely adjusting anything other than dialing in the gain structure when I feel fancy these days. I just made a cleanish plexi patch last night that I had to force myself to turn off because I wouldn't have gone to bed at all.

:lol - this^ :)

My presets got much brighter after update. I reduced the bright parameter about 30% and it sounds fine again.
By the way new amps sound cool! :)

Well i got this from some amps. VERY bright. Strange... It's a first for me.
JVM and Cameron in particular.. The Cameron needed a real tweak, but i did not save it.
Also missing the easy obtaineble harmonics flying off the fretboard. They where there yesterday.

I have to check with fresh ears and also try to download and install again. There must be something wrong.

But like i said, need to test again tomorrow.

So these amps are finally the equivalent of "THE" amp that was used on Appetite and the same amp George Lynch used previously??? Please tell me it is so!!!
afaik, Marshall never actually had "that" amp in their possession. I believe they went all by ear and information they had on the amp...

I really prefer the "#39" AFS 2 model. Which I guess makes sense because I typically prefer plexis to JCM 800s.

Getting a great sound has gotten insanely fast. I had a rehearsal the other day and the bass player had another rehearsal straight after with another band. I talked gear with the guitarist from the other band for 20mins or so. He was going on about his dual half-stack Soldano and massive pedal board rig. He said he got over all the complexity of rack rigs, effect units and such. I had wiped my AFXII the night before just to start from scratch and was dialling up basic patches on the fly between songs. Anyway, he setup his rig and while he was tuning his guitar dialed in a quick Soldano rig in all of 30secs. I didn't tell him what I was doing. I played a couple chords just to check my sound. His first comment:

"That sounds like an SLO."

My 30secs of roughing in an amp and cab yielded me a better Soldano tone than his next 15mins of tweaking 2 actual Soldanos. My 2 CLRs were louder and clearer as well.

I really wish I could go back to my tube rigs. I mean it's common knowledge that tubes sound better and rack rigs take forever to dial in.

Back
Top Bottom