Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.02 Released

Can you show me a quote from the release notes? Cuz I looked and did not see anything stating that these new functions replaced the old one...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Added “Update Amps Defaults” and “Update Amps All Presets” functions to Utility menu. These two functions reset all advanced parameters in each amp block to default values. Tone controls and Drive levels are not reset. The first function updates the current preset, the second function updates all presets.

If you understand the functionality it's pretty much implied no?

Added “Update Amps Defaults” and “Update Amps All Presets” functions to Utility menu. These two functions reset all advanced parameters in each amp block to default values. Tone controls and Drive levels are not reset. The first function updates the current preset, the second function updates all presets.

If you understand the functionality it's pretty much implied no?

No, if you understand the functionality it's actually confusing, because the Update All Presets utility updated the "format" of the presets not any settings within the amps.

No, if you understand the functionality it's actually confusing, because the Update All Presets utility updated the "format" of the presets not any settings within the amps.

I suppose it could seem confusing as the original update all presets didn't update the amps. From my understanding the two new functions include the original functionality with the addition of the amp mods for single and all presets. I felt it was implied but I can see where others may not.

when I updated to 15 and used the update all amps all presets function the axe-fx locked right after.

the same thing happened after 15.02

anyone? maybe there is some bug.

when I updated to 15 and used the update all amps all presets function the axe-fx locked right after.

Your Axe don't like change maybe?? It wanted it to be like in the good old days.... Back in FW14, when all was better.

But how wrong was it?

Very wrong.... VERY WRONG...........

that's sooooo gooooooood !
FAS delivers us the best guitar geat for modeling , with very regularly updates, and what's more, taking into account for our demands, feed backs, etc.

Can't find another Hitech company like this.:encouragement:

I never feel like thank you is enough, for your tireless and diligent efforts into the development of the Axe. But I'll say it any way.

Thank you FAS!

so...just installed 15.02, "update all amps" in utility
and all works fine , so far...:mrgreen

I discover the "output comp" feature, that make wonder on clean I found with a first test wih Shiva Clean.
to be continued ... harrrr love it !

Thanks Cliff.
Go easy on yourself. We love you.

Relax, have a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk using the world's most ironically named cell phone company; sprint.

Maybe some corrupt data somewhere.
Back up your presets and IRs.
Reset your Axe-Fx to a "clean" state, then reinstall 15.02 an drestore presets and IRs.

Note: back up your system too if you're using global blocks.

Thank you Cliff!! Fixed the issues I had with 15.01, Sounds incredible!! So many models (and the new factory presets)sound so good I'm having to revisit the whole process. It's like I've gotten a new product!!!I'm Loving it!!!
Did I say Thank You??

Reset your Axe-Fx to a "clean" state, then reinstall 15.02 an drestore presets and IRs.

I've always wanted to try this process of resetting the axe to factory before installing new FW but I am nervous. Won't it get rid of all user settings? I cannot actually think of any settings I need to save but I'm sure there are some that I've customized my unit with.

Hi Yek,
Is there still a "clean" file that can be used to start afresh? Is it still the ver 11 file or is there a new one?

Thanks,
D

After 15.02 update should I reload factory presets again? (I loaded them up after 15.00 install but have not done an "Update Amps All Presets" after either install (Just individual resets on my own presets).

I have always maintained that the axefx has not quite felt like a real amp and it's never had that analogue 'wildness' that a real tube amp has.

I have to say with v15.02 it sounds and FEELS scarily close. I've been playing with a 6160 II patch with the master volume at around halfway and motor drive fairly high and that elusive 'wildness' is there.

The only thing that makes the axefx less than an absolute joy to use is finding a great IR for the job! I have literally thousands if IRs and I think about 1% of them are vaguely useful to me!

Back
Top Bottom