Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

Um... so... I've updated. If I start a new preset and put in an amp then a cab, and choose double verb... it sounds really awful - objectively so. Crackly, almost bitcrushed kind of sound. But if I go to an old preset and change the amp model to the double verb... it sounds perfectly fine. Can anyone reproduce?

Yes, I have deselected the amp and reselected it, and also tried the utility option to reset the amps. No difference.

OMG 15 is so tits!

Try triptik modern with the German tone stack, like a f'n chainsaw!

I can imagine all the neighbors around the world getting a little ear candy treat with this FW tonight!

On my way home to git me some ... and if there's time after that ... well maybe I'll even download the Official FW 15 and take that for a spin too! :D :stupid:
Hey, can you giveme 15 more minutes before you come home?

Absolutely! :)

I'll just run through the FW 15 Release Notes again and Yek's Update Guide and ...

:excitement: HEEYYY!!!!!!!! :mad:

Last edited:
This is the first firmware release/upgrade that has truly blown me away. They have all been great but this one is the shit! Please don't change it Cliff. You can call the Axe FX II done now. It has arrived at perfection. :encouragement:

Um... so... I've updated. If I start a new preset and put in an amp then a cab, and choose double verb... it sounds really awful - objectively so. Crackly, almost bitcrushed kind of sound. But if I go to an old preset and change the amp model to the double verb... it sounds perfectly fine. Can anyone reproduce?

Yes, I have deselected the amp and reselected it, and also tried the utility option to reset the amps. No difference.

Make sure the amp level is not clipping. Obviously there isn't anything wrong with the modeling since other presets with the same amp sound fine on your system. There is a setting somewhere in that specific patch that isn't right. Just take your time and investigate till you realize what's different.

reduce your output volume

I took one of my presets and scrolled through the different amps and found tgat a lot if then had more umph than others and caused clipping with the effects I already had turned on but if I returned to the amp model I had originally no clipping. So I just turned the output drive diwn on the other amp models I tested with that patch and the clipping went away

Make sure the amp level is not clipping. Obviously there isn't anything wrong with the modeling since other presets with the same amp sound fine on your system. There is a setting somewhere in that specific patch that isn't right. Just take your time and investigate till you realize what's different.

If that doesn't work ... hose the user preset and start from scratch again.

:lol Bite your tongue young man! :lol

I dig the idea of progressing, but kind of identify... personally, I could actually do without a major paradigm shifting preset redialing update in amp modeling for a good long while... a string of releases that just fixes issues, tweaks MIMIC settings, adds amps, maybe touches a param here or there, adds a new feature, but no ground moving under your feet rig destabilizing stuff. How about some new drive blocks? Some new modes for some of the FX?

Update to v15 successful here. Fractal-Bot is my friend!
Fantastic tones, as always.
Looking forward to Axe-Edit and Presets updates.

Thank you Cliff & the FAS team!!

Will updating from the beta to the official release alter the presets? I had a scan through the release notes but it's hard to gauge. I have my presets sounding pretty good with the beta, especially with levels.

Will updating from the beta to the official release alter the presets? I had a scan through the release notes but it's hard to gauge. I have my presets sounding pretty good with the beta, especially with levels.

"If you've made a preset in 15beta then you don't need to do anything. Just load the preset and rock out."

Cliff posted this a few pages back.

Back
Top Bottom