Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

Ah oh time to get busy, dam it going out of town this weekend too. Animals As Leaders and Conquering Dystopia at The Glass House in Pomona this Saturday night. \m/_ _\m/

It sounds and feels so good and I haven't even tweaked anything yet.

Yea I completely reset my amp blocks and went right to the new FAS UR factory cabs and tried them out with a few amps; had several workhorse presets back in about 1/2 an hour with minimal tweaking required...right from scratch. I'm very much liking the new FAS UR factory cabs; it was easy to find a cab (or two) the worked with a given amp/tone goal. I especially like the new TV mixes...there is a 'sound' of the new factory IRs overall that I find very natural and easy to 'sculpt' with.

Definitely an addictive release; I'm usually playing in Marshall/crunchy-land most of the time but the Fender DoubleVerb with a couple of the new cabs warped time and space for me tonight...lotsa of fantastic options to explore in this release. A tip of the hat to FAS...

To steal Stratoblasters comment above, FW15 has DEF "warped time and space for me tonight" as I've been playing for hours and hours.

OUTSTANDING AS ALWAYS, FAS !

One question - where are the extra scratchpad locations or is that something we'll only see in the new Axe-Edit ?

Last edited:
So far I'm finding dialing patches more difficult. A little mushiness and things seem a bit harsher. Also, while I understand the reason behind the sat switch dropping volume, it also makes it VERY hard to A/B the effects... at least more-so than before. I'd appreciate a button that allowed me to maintain volume. Fletcher-Munson is a bitch.

Oddly, FAS MODERN is not working well so far with 15. Same with the HBE... two of my favorite amps. The Herbert on the other hand was an easy transition and still sounds killer.... maybe better.

Not trying to sound like a whiny baby, sorry. I'm sure things will come into focus soon enough. Maybe I'll try reloading the FW and see if that's the issue.

OMG 15 is so tits!

On my way home to git me some ... and if there's time after that ... well maybe I'll even download the Official FW 15 and take that for a spin too! :D :stupid:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Four scratchpad IR slots is fantastic news. I was already on 15 beta so I don't know how much different things will sound. Can't wait to find out. I'm loading now...

Four scratchpad IR slots is fantastic news. I was already on 15 beta so I don't know how much different things will sound. Can't wait to find out. I'm loading now...

Pick a favorite amp you tweaked in FW 15b and let us know what impact upgrading to Official FW 15 had on your beta tweaks (if any )and report back. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
One question - where are the extra scratchpad locations or is that something we'll only see in the new Axe-Edit ?

You can access them on the front panel same as always. Layout>Edit>Scroll past factory and user cabs. The scratchpads are at the end.

oh man! i'm playing my first show next friday, dare i load the new firmware? YOU'RE GOD DAMN RIGHT I DARE. i gotta re-record all of the 2nd guitar parts anyway before the show. i'm pretty excited for tomorrow morning!

Must be a NorCal Bay Area thing with the FW15 update. Seems you and I are the only ones who haven't quite figured it out. My HBE and 5153 sounded harsh and just "not the same", even after messing with the patches for a few hours. I ultimately reverted back to 14.2 and loaded my back-up. Man I'm glad I did a full back-up prior to updating to fw15. And guess what...sounds awesome, just like it did before the update. If you manage to figure out the new firmware, pass a few tips my way :)

So far I'm finding dialing patches more difficult. A little mushiness and things seem a bit harsher. Also, while I understand the reason behind the sat switch dropping volume, it also makes it VERY hard to A/B the effects... at least more-so than before. I'd appreciate a button that allowed me to maintain volume. Fletcher-Munson is a bitch.

Oddly, FAS MODERN is not working well so far with 15. Same with the HBE... two of my favorite amps. The Herbert on the other hand was an easy transition and still sounds killer.... maybe better.

Not trying to sound like a whiny baby, sorry. I'm sure things will come into focus soon enough. Maybe I'll try reloading the FW and see if that's the issue.

Artist Notes: This firmware is already in use in the Axe-Fx IIs of Dweezil Zappa, Mastodon, Cowboy Mouth, and Doug Aldritch -- and I've got some more sessions set up this week and next. People are LOVING IT.

So you & Doug finally got together ~~ Whitesnake "Ooo Mama". You'd said he tapped ya on the shoulder at one point. Funny tho, he's in GW mag this month in a pedal ad.

Last edited:
Cliff, can you lighting me?
i've many presets with the AMP bloc speaker page (for example) tweaked coming from fw 14.03 and fw15b.

if i change the amp block and reload the first one amp, the parameters like the speakers page are updated to default of course.

my question is: if i copy my old (last fw version) amp block with A.E before changing the amp, and reload the AMp block and re-paste the clipboard on, did i keep all the news "hidden' features developed on the new fw15?
or did the paste amp function recover all the paramaters of the last fw?
No reply on this, i can be usefull for all community to know it, to gain many times on updates

Awesome, I finally finished building my small home studio. Perfect timing, I can't wait to play with it.

This truly is a major firmware release! I'm particularly enjoying the new UR IRs from FAS and I can't wait to get the new 4x12 pack.

Must be a NorCal Bay Area thing with the FW15 update. Seems you and I are the only ones who haven't quite figured it out. My HBE and 5153 sounded harsh and just "not the same", even after messing with the patches for a few hours. I ultimately reverted back to 14.2 and loaded my back-up. Man I'm glad I did a full back-up prior to updating to fw15. And guess what...sounds awesome, just like it did before the update. If you manage to figure out the new firmware, pass a few tips my way :)

Your sample size of two isn't great. :) v15.00 is working awesome for me. Has been for quite some time now.

- Someone Else in the Bay Area

Back
Top Bottom