Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

There used to be an app called AxeFxReporter that was created by forum member CyberFerret but he no longer has time or the info to make AxeFxReporter work with the new firmware and FAS won't share the MIDI Specs, so a program like that will probably never exist again unless FAS decides to create it

That would be VERY helpful, especially being able to generate a report as to which user cabs are in use. With so many great Fractal & 3rd party options, it's getting harder & harder to manage them.

That would be awesome and exactly what I'm hoping for. How do you like it with the real amp?

It's amazing--has a totally different vibe than the Celestions I'm used to. Nice clear highs, not boxy like some 1x12s can get. It goes great with the Triptik or with an old Hiwatt head I've got lying around.

I'm guessing I won't need to do any amp resetting if I am just going to blow out the presets with the new FW15 presets.

out of all the things I like this the best! what exactly has been changed or improved? (have not updated yet)
Those were two of the effects I felt needed improvement so I am grateful to see those being worked, I also see the TM block as been tweaked from the release notes, AWESOME!!!! I am going to wait till Axe Edit is released to upgrade, so I"ll sit back and watch you guys enjoy, looking forward to the different posts on what you guys/gals think of 15:D

Here are some tips, based on the beta testing period. These is partly a repeat of stuff in the release notes.

• The firmware WILL change your tone, your levels and effects such as flanger. Especially after resetting amp blocks. Do not install it right before a gig!
  • Obey the release notes: reset all your amp blocks. Use the new Update functionality in the Utility menu for this task.
  • Make sure to test the new "Mix" UR cabs at the very end of the stock cabs list. They sound awesome.
  • New: Presence will be set to a default value when resetting an amp block. Don't overlook this.
  • New: the compressor in the Amp block is awesome. Made me remove the separate COMP block from many of my presets. I have not yet needed to adjust its Threshold in the Advanced parameters.
  • SAT will now cause a decrease of the amp volume.
  • Tucana is awesome for leads.
  • You may need to dial in your flanger again because of changes. Focus on Depth and Feedback.

Thank you Sir! :encouragement:

would be nice to know what has changed since beta

Always interested in this ^ ... but recognize its a big distraction when FAS is still trying to update and release companion software version after a FW update :)LOL IOW - be patient and let FAS catch it breath). ;)

What a team at the FAS Family including Beta Testers too ... thank you one and all! :)

Back
Top Bottom