Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

what are some of your technics on getting your presets back to the way they were sounding after you reselect the amp model. do you just take notes and readjust with the FW15 updated model? i'm taking screenshots of the amp block then reselecting the amp and going back to my pics to put them back to the values i had. is there an easier way? can you reselect the amp, then import your saved preset and the amp will be up to date with the "15" version? be gentle, i'm always afraid that the question in my head doesn't translate well to paper(screen)

I wouldn't worry about setting the exact old values. Things have changed and those values may not sound good anymore. I just always dial from scratch and it usually comes together much faster anyway due to the improvements.

I wouldn't worry about setting the exact old values. Things have changed and those values may not sound good anymore. I just always dial from scratch and it usually comes together much faster anyway due to the improvements.

^^^ that's how I've been doing it for years now. I had started out, years ago, trying to note settings between block resets after FW upgrades and it just got to be too much. Now I just reset the block in question, call up the model, and dial it back in using my ears. I've never had not be faster this way and the results have always been good or better with this approach.

Just installed new vr15 and all is well. redid 15 of my presets in about 1/2 HR or so. Some sounded better with no tweaking than i had them before. very little time to work things out.

Good sounding FW for sure. Does anybody else notice though, that when you turn saturation on with the Diezels things get a little strange. It's like it totally overloads the amp or something. Love the way the Herbie sounds though. Mmmmm hmmmm!

^^^ that's how I've been doing it for years now. I had started out, years ago, trying to note settings between block resets after FW upgrades and it just got to be too much. Now I just reset the block in question, call up the model, and dial it back in using my ears. I've never had not be faster this way and the results have always been good or better with this approach.

But with master volume changes how do you deal with preset leveling? So far I've managed to get thru all the FW updates (since 10) without having an amp that required a reset...

Now I am concerned because a lot of the amps I use fall into the "Vox-ish" class :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I am concerned because a lot of the amps I use fall into the "Vox-ish" class :(

It's no different from turning all controls on a real amp to noon or so, and setting MV to the appropriate setting.

But with master volume changes how do you deal with preset leveling? So far I've managed to get thru all the FW updates (since 10) without having an amp that required a reset... Now I am concerned because a lot of the amps I use fall into the "Vox-ish" class :( Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll level at rehearsal later this week. Just show up a little before everyone and run through things at live volumes then tweak with the band. Without the band I find it impossible to really set levels right. I need to hear it in the mix to get the level really correct.

DAMN!!... downloaded last night hoping to play/check out the beta today... "JUST" sold my Axe II and now will have to wait for my XL. For some strange reason I feel I'm about to become abnormally bitchy. I'll have to ask my wife if Midol will help with this... "sigh"...

Is it normal that the 5153 RED has the CF comp at 0% now? It was at 52.6% on FW14

5153 Blue is much better now!

I like the RED more now than on 14, before it was maybe too much comp i'd say, only wonder about if its default at 0 but instead Sag is on 4, and i have to add slight more drive now, yea rocks at any event!!

Back
Top Bottom