Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Public Beta

Presence

Just a note on... Presence.. on the FAS BROOTALZ and FAS Modern defults to 5. That is just to bright

I gigged with v15 beta yesterday.
Used AC-20 Deluxe and Friedman BE and Tucana.

No issues, apart from some level matching.

AC-20, already being my favorite clean amp miodel, has been improved a lot.
There's this very natural sounding chime.
This goes for all "Vox"-ish models.

My low-gain Friedman "blues" tones never sounded better with my tele.
For higher gain stuff I had to increase Drive somewhat (note that I was coming from 14.04 beta, not 14.02).

I love the new Presence/Depth approach. (Friedman defaults to zero, maybe should be 5, IDK).

Tucana is such an awesome amp for leads. Great sustain, even at low drive settings, mellow tone and cuts through the mix so well.

Hard to imagine why there was no BYPASS warning before. It's here now.

P.S. Don't forget to re-select your amp models, as explained in the release notes.

I still hadn't gone to 14 yet. Can I skip from 13 to 15 or do I need to go to 14 first for any reason? Also do we think an AE update is imminent to coincide with this major release?

what are some of your technics on getting your presets back to the way they were sounding after you reselect the amp model. do you just take notes and readjust with the FW15 updated model? i'm taking screenshots of the amp block then reselecting the amp and going back to my pics to put them back to the values i had. is there an easier way? can you reselect the amp, then import your saved preset and the amp will be up to date with the "15" version? be gentle, i'm always afraid that the question in my head doesn't translate well to paper(screen)

No. It's taste ;)

hehe,did you test these ??
I think the hole point,is to have the amp sim,sound good.. when you select it. "i think" To make it even more easy
And this was something,i found to be a bit to bright. I think presence at 2-3 would be better,for these amps. I may be wrong,hehe

But.. just my 2 cents

My Fender Twin had gone from sounding "accurate" to "pretty"...best way I can describe it. Not lush...or jangly...I mean it's those things too...but it's also just damn pretty. Am I hearing things?

I gigged with v15 beta yesterday.
Used AC-20 Deluxe and Friedman BE and Tucana.

No issues, apart from some level matching.

AC-20, already being my favorite clean amp miodel, has been improved a lot.
There's this very natural sounding chime.
This goes for all "Vox"-ish models.

My low-gain Friedman "blues" tones never sounded better with my tele.
For higher gain stuff I had to increase Drive somewhat (note that I was coming from 14.04 beta, not 14.02).

I love the new Presence/Depth approach. (Friedman defaults to zero, maybe should be 5, IDK).

Tucana is such an awesome amp for leads. Great sustain, even at low drive settings, mellow tone and cuts through the mix so well.

Hard to imagine why there was no BYPASS warning before. It's here now.

P.S. Don't forget to re-select your amp models, as explained in the release notes.

Maybe it's just my guitars, or cabs, but I've never been able to dial in the Friedman for blues very well. I'm usually ABing between it and a clean amp, like the Twin, Shiver Clean, and when I switch to the Friedman, it's a little nasally, yet lacks a certain crisp-ness that the clean patches seem to have. I continue to work on it, but have found more crisp dirty tones.

Again, must just be my rig, but I'm curious what others think, because everyone seems to love the amp model, and I'd love to find out how I can get it to be usable. Almost has that 'blanket over speaker' type tone when I switch to it.

Axe-Fx II Firmware Release Notes

Added Power Amp Bias parameter to Amp block. This parameter can be used to adjust the offset voltage of the virtual power amp (this should not be confused with the Power Tube Bias parameter which sets the quiescent operating current of the virtual power tubes). Power Amp Bias allows the user to vary the symmetry of the clipping of the virtual power amp.

Of the many power/amp modelling improvements noted in the Release Notes this parameter addition made me go "whoa" (actually, they all did but this one was a double-whoa heh)!!!! This parameter will be interesting to play with.

Exciting beta preview; lotsa cool improvements under the hood and am looking forward to loading it this evening...

Back
Top Bottom