Axe FX II Firmware 12.01 vs 13.07

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

Here is some firmware test ,12.01 vs 13.07. There is test for those both firmwares ,rhythm and lead clips. First is 12.01 and second is 13.07 ,time for those clips are.

12.01 parts are [00:00-00:08] and [00:16-00:24] and lead part [00:33-00:39]

13.07 parts are [08:00-00:16] and [00:24-00:32] and lead part [00:39-00:45]

Link for that test is below!

https://soundcloud.com/user127617997/axefxii12-01vs13

Huhn. Rhythm sounds authentic in general. There >might< be a small difference between FW, but the tone is so scooped I'm hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Hey

Yeah there is very big different and feel ,that 13.07 firmware sounds and feel amazing. That new firmware tone is bigger ,and low end is tight and aggressive compare to 12.01.

Huhn. Rhythm sounds authentic in general. There >might< be a small difference between FW, but the tone is so scooped I'm hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Last edited:
I hear a better low end in 13.07 ,but it's probably not nearly as much difference in the sound as in the feel !

Hey

They fit in mix very well ,listen VDP album by Pantera you see how guitars fit in mix.

Barely, especially because the bass is louder than in Cowboys, but as everyone's playing the same thing most of the time, the bass ends up re-inforcing the guitars. I admit I was a little disappointed with the overall mix when it came out, especially the lack of verb on the guitars. I'm so far away from wanting a seriously scooped mid sound anyways...........

Hey

Yeah and after CFH album guitar tone chance was huge ,it was bigger compare to CFH and those 80s glam rock albums. But I like all Pantera albums mix they are so unique ,if you compare to something else albums. Little bit shame is Rex bass volume ,sometimes is missing its little bit too low for volume. But when solo will kicks in ,its amazing to hear that tone too.

Barely, especially because the bass is louder than in Cowboys, but as everyone's playing the same thing most of the time, the bass ends up re-inforcing the guitars. I admit I was a little disappointed with the overall mix when it came out, especially the lack of verb on the guitars. I'm so far away from wanting a seriously scooped mid sound anyways...........

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom