Axe-Fx II Firmware 11 released!

Changed mix law for Delay block. The dry signal now stays constant at unity until Mix reaches 50% then decreases linearly to zero. Conversely the wet signal starts at zero and then increases linearly to unity when Mix reaches 50%. This eliminates having to compensate for decreased dry signal when increasing the mix.

Noise Gate now supports Global Block functionality. This can be used, for example, as a global Noise Gate for all presets or for only high-gain presets, etc. As with all Global Blocks, double-click FX BYP to enter the Global Block menu.

Awesome additions!! Seems minor but is a major improvement! :mrgreen

Big thanks to Cliff, M@ and the whole Fractal Audio crew!

Changed mix law for Delay block. The dry signal now stays constant at unity until Mix reaches 50% then decreases linearly to zero. Conversely the wet signal starts at zero and then increases linearly to unity when Mix reaches 50%. This eliminates having to compensate for decreased dry signal when increasing the mix.

this is fantastic! I just updated some of my presets to compensate for this... but how cool is that? thanks, dudes. :)

Thanks Fractal Team for all you do. I have a problem. My presets with Mesa Mark amp had a diffferent EQ setting into amp block. With new update all frequencies of eq amp block was change and my preset's sound was changed. Is possible come back frequencies of 8-band eq in amp block ??? Sorry for my bad English

Maybe others can corroborate but my main hi-gain patch template sounds "smoother" now. I didn't think there was any further changes to the amp modelling between 11b and 11gen? Maybe it's my ears playing tricks but I'm definitely liking the extra "something" in the 11 general release tone (in addition to the other goodies).

After playing a couple of minutes it seems the Axe handles open chords on high gain settings better than I can remember; in particular the presence seems better defined and does not as easily gets overbearing. Yeah, early observation which could just as well be Happy-new-firmware-day syndrome.

After playing a couple of minutes it seems the Axe handles open chords on high gain settings better than I can remember; in particular the presence seems better defined and does not as easily gets overbearing. Yeah, early observation which could just as well be Happy-new-firmware-day syndrome.

Yes - Cliff mentions in another thread that he did recalc some setting in some amps that may make a difference in the gen release. Was my impression as well that chords on some amps now sound smoother.

The changed mix law for Delay block - does that mean now that it's paralell or ist stil in series?

Regards Tony

What an achievement! :victorious:
Thanks a lot FAS!

"Improved preset switching speed, in some cases drastically improved"
How come! What did you do?? :mrgreen

Back
Top Bottom