Axe-Fx II Firmware 11 released!

Wow - just wow

Finally installed fw 11 and the factory presets - got to top boost preset and didn't move from it - the ac30 now sounds brilliant - I've setup 9 new patches for my U2 songs and the same amp model and settings work for all songs - clean - overdriven and distorted -just put the right pedal in front of it- playing along with live U2 songs I'm getting goosebumps at how I'm getting a resonance between the edges tone and mine - just need to be able to play with 5% of the edges talent - but the firmware makes me wanna play and get better and not tweak as it sounds great

Fantastic work Fractal team - what a product and what great ongoing technical development - my virtual hat off to you Sirs!

I'm not sure whats going on with my unit but I've reinstalled several times, reset everything, and ran the .syx file to clean it out but FW11 sounds like it has a blanket over it and everything lost its shine. Beta sounded great but I think I'm having some hardware issues or something.

Having the same issue here. I jotted down my amp settings, I reset the amp(s) by selecting another amp and re-selecting the original, then cleared settings by hitting the bypass twice. I then re-applied my settings. It opened up the sound a lot but it still does not have the sparkle and clarity of 11b for me. Sadly, even after tweaking I cannot get the clarity and chime I have with 11b.

I also reset the speaker block to no avail.

The jumpered Plexis are superb. Nice, fat and greazy. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use them the way I've been doing.

I have a Plexi preset that uses Input Drive to morph from a crunch tone to a lead. When I switched amp type to the jumpered Plexi, my expression pedal's ability to morph the patch was greatly reduced. It turns out you can only attach a modifier to the Treble Drive parameter, not the Norm Drive, so I can't just rock my pedal forward to "go dirtier."

Can someone see a way around this, or is it Wish List time?

That said, I'm loving 11. It sounds and feels a step above the beta, and the beta was damn good.
My question is why can't every parameter be controlled via a modifier? I have absolutely ZERO experience with programming so what would be the reasoning behind only certain parameters being controllable by an expression pedal and others not? Not being a whiner, just curious.

Back
Top Bottom