Axe-Fx II Firmware 11 released!

I really love what I'm hearing on FW11 - all amps seem a little bit more "organic", open and articulated.

AE 3 is the icing on the cake - Great stuff Cliff

There is not one company in the USA that provides FREE update's for older products. And this is not that old. Congratulations Cliff and the Fractal team! This is the single best purchase I've ever made in my life! Far above everything! You guys are the best!!!!

All,

We are pleased to announce the official release of firmware 11.0 for the Axe-Fx II.

It can be downloaded from the support page of our web site.

We recommend using Fractal-Bot to install firmware updates.

Wow - I was working on an original using People Get Ready preset - stepped out to grab a bite - came back check the forum and successfully downloaded and installed FW11 and AE3 in minutes.

Yet another improvement in sound quality and control. The very slight muddiness or booming bass I was dealing with before dinner in 11b is gone. Everythings tighter - love it! Thanks C&Co. and M@ as always.:encouragement:

Got mine downloaded and waiting... gig tomorrow so I didn't want to chance a quick swap. Got some time this weekend though. Time to tweak!

The jumpered Plexis are superb. Nice, fat and greazy. Unfortunately, I don't think I can use them the way I've been doing.

I have a Plexi preset that uses Input Drive to morph from a crunch tone to a lead. When I switched amp type to the jumpered Plexi, my expression pedal's ability to morph the patch was greatly reduced. It turns out you can only attach a modifier to the Treble Drive parameter, not the Norm Drive, so I can't just rock my pedal forward to "go dirtier."

Can someone see a way around this, or is it Wish List time?

That said, I'm loving 11. It sounds and feels a step above the beta, and the beta was damn good.

Wow, firmware 11 is absolutely amazing. I installed it this afternoon and uploaded all the preset banks. Any issues with 11beta have been polished out. Tones are stunning. Mesa's sound great - Huge thump and roar! the Jumpered plexi is SICK! The Marshall's bark and snarl like they should! Anyone on the fence - just go for it. I'm a tone hound - constantly tweaking. I had my Metal lead tone dialed in less than 5 mins! I had my GnR tone dialed in less than 2 mins (and no not the Sweet Child preset - although that's pretty much bang on for the intro to Sweet Child).

Thanks again Fractal for all your hard work. It is very appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom