Axe Fx II Final Update - Breaking News!

So tempted to get a III. The new sale price puts it at the same price I paid for my new Xl+. The difference in 2 years is the Canadian dollar and the difference in $ is fairly significant. Not to mention I'm quite happy with it still. 2 years and I am still learning new things almost daily. I have never played my guitars as much as I do now. I haven't missed a day since I got it and the novelty has not worn off. The 3 though man I wish I didn't know it existed.

So tempted to get a III. The new sale price puts it at the same price I paid for my new Xl+. The difference in 2 years is the Canadian dollar and the difference in $ is fairly significant. Not to mention I'm quite happy with it still. 2 years and I am still learning new things almost daily. I have never played my guitars as much as I do now. I haven't missed a day since I got it and the novelty has not worn off. The 3 though man I wish I didn't know it existed.

The CDN dollar is supposed to progressively get worse this year too....

I haven't updated mine in years. I got so sick of redoing all my patches every update. I love the way it sounds and I guess that's all I can ask for.

The III is now cheaper in the US then the II was. It costs €2899 in Europe via G66. When I bought my XL+ it was €2399. I can't help escape the feeling that Fractal 'strongly dislikes' its European customers. So no new III for this guy for a long time.

The III is now cheaper in the US then the II was. It costs €2899 in Europe via G66. When I bought my XL+ it was €2399. I can't help escape the feeling that Fractal 'strongly dislikes' its European customers. So no new III for this guy for a long time.
Fractal should sell their product at a loss to the European market just because of the taxes imposed on them by the governments there? Yea no that makes sense you're probably right and it's some sort of animosity on their part.

nonsense. 2399 for the XL+ was including VAT. 2899 for the 3 is including VAT. Who says fractal is taking a loss?

Last edited:
I mean, I dont seriously consider any animosity in play, but I do understand the slight frustration and take the comment with a grain of salt.

The fact is, the 3 is on sale in the US and not in Europe. And in Europe the 3 is already a lot more expensive to begin with.

I share the frustration, especially because in the current used market the 2XL cannot be sold unless I take a loss of 1.600 euro. If people in the US would take the same loss as I would for selling the XL, they would be just about giving it away for free... Just to put things in perspective.

Last edited:
G66 also don’t work for free. You’re adding another middle man so of course that will add to the price.

If you are angry it’s on sale in the USA and not Europe, take it up with G66.

If you’re angry the base price is more in Europe, take it up with your respective government and their tax burden.

Fractal should sell their product at a loss to the European market just because of the taxes imposed on them by the governments there? Yea no that makes sense you're probably right and it's some sort of animosity on their part.

Who says that Fractal has to make a loss? I never said that. Fractal only has to do a single thing and they will still make the same amount of money as they do with an American buyer.

Sell directly to European buyers. None of this having to go through G66. See? Not a single cent loss to Fractal. They can even tell me, if you order from us directly support will be less then via G66 or may even be non-existent. And I will still say SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

VAT mate ....EU that is :D

Except I did the math and when Fractal had the pre III release sale on the XL+ I could have gotten a XL+ including shipping and VAT and still be cheaper off then buying through G66. I was all about wanting Fractal to shut up and take my money. They just didn't want it. They even refunded when I tried to order!

G66 also don’t work for free. You’re adding another middle man so of course that will add to the price.

If you are angry it’s on sale in the USA and not Europe, take it up with G66.

If you’re angry the base price is more in Europe, take it up with your respective government and their tax burden.

As I said, if Fractal would be willing to sell directly to European buyers I would still be cheaper off. It's not the VAT that is to blame, it's not G66 that is to blame for taking their cut, after all, they are not in it to lose money. It's Fractal flat out refusing to sell to us directly. That is the issue. And the infuriating thing, they refuse to sell to us directly, tell us to go to G66, cancel our orders and even refund our money if we place an order, yet Fractal still spams us with all these sweet deals we can't have. I get them all in my email inbox. So excuse me if this leaves me a bit....., excited but not in the good way.

Dude, pretty sure it has to do with import / export laws put in place by government, and not that fractal is just refusing to sell direct.

Back
Top Bottom