Axe FX II & Fender Cyber Twin SE - FX Return / FX Send

Muzick

Experienced
Hey guys I'm wondering if those FX Send / Return are just for delay / reverb / chorus type of FX?

Both of these amps have FX Send / Return Inputs, but I was hoping I would be able to use the amp, power amp, and FX modeling of the AXE FX and strictly use the Fender's cab. I've been working trying to get the Bose L1's of mine to sound killer with the AXE FX II, but the cleans are the only thing I can make sound stellar... the distortion sounds plastic and fake...

Thanks for the help!

...but I was hoping I would be able to use the amp, power amp, and FX modeling of the AXE FX and strictly use the Fender's cab...

Guitar>axe-fx front input, axe-fx output 1 > return of amp.
Go into global settings and disable the cabinet sims.

C
Guitar>axe-fx front input, axe-fx output 1 > return of amp.
Go into global settings and disable the cabinet sims.

One note, seeing how the Fender has it's on amp built into it, unless there's a way to set the Fender to 'transparent' I'll be forced to use their settings, correct?

Sorry about the mis post Ron

Thanks!

I think I've read somewhere that the L1 systems just don't play nice with Axes...:(

I've come to the conclusion that it's the small speaker form. It just can't move the same amount of air to allow the sound waves to expand enough I suppose... I'm not sure. I've spent alot of money on these systems... and I'm probably going to sell the L1 system (even though I really wanted it to work) and go for a QSC system.

Going into the amps fxloop return will bypass the amps preamp and tone controls.

Thanks for the heads up man.

So I've been messing around with this. Here's the lineup: Guitar > Axe FX INSTR input > Output 1 > Fender's FX Input.

It appears that most of the tone controls on the Fender are disabled, including: Trim, Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, and Amp selections.

There is an option in the Fender specifically for the FX Loop and I've set it to FX Input Only. Even doing so, the Fender's reverb and FX (Delays, Chorus, etc) Are still functioning.

The reason this bothers me is because even with the Axe FX Cab sims disabled, the tone sounds terrible.

Any additional thoughts are greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom