Axe-FX II = Extra Income

NiceChris

Experienced
I've just come back from a studio where I showed the head honcho my AF2 and what it can do straight into the desk. As a result he was that impressed with the speed of set up and quality of guitar sound that I have been offered part time work assisting the engineer with the guitar recording.

Thank you Cliff, you've got me a second income.

PS - You should have seen his face when I told him about re-amping.

I've just come back from a studio where I showed the head honcho my AF2 and what it can do straight into the desk. As a result he was that impressed with the speed of set up and quality of guitar sound that I have been offered part time work assisting the engineer with the guitar recording.

Thank you Cliff, you've got me a second income.

PS - You should have seen his face when I told him about re-amping.

This begs the question, when you track and reamp in another studio other than your own, will they download the drivers so you can use the USB system? If not what do you use ?

Why use platform dependent drivers and I/O when you can just as easily (maybe not as cheaply) use external hardware (thinking the Radial JDV and the Radial X-Amp here) that affords you flexibility, platform and DAW independence, and the presentation that you are a PRO? These all avoid the driver/DAW/buffer/latency/crackling/other BS issues that suck up time, and studio time = $$.

Nice Chris. You always seem to land on your feet.

Q though - if thats the 2nd income, whats the first - Have you found anything yet?

Nice Chris. You always seem to land on your feet.

Q though - if thats the 2nd income, whats the first - Have you found anything yet?

Not yet, although I have been shortlisted to be interviewed for the Instructor in Audio and Electronics position at a certain university in Oxford. Please wish me luck.

Last edited:
Super great job, Chris! And if you feel up to it, share some of your clips and patches with us.

Well this is the odd thing, I just did what I do when demoing the Axe at guitar shows - I created a patch on the fly.

All I did was take a dry line, then in parallel drop a Fender twin with two 2x12 doubleverb cabs panned hard left and right. Stuck a Vol/Pan block to make my balancing signal levels. At this point the gentleman was impressed. I then stuck the Reverb block in and he went, erm, are men supposed to go sploosh? All in less than 5 minutes.

@Playall and Klaushouz, I will probably buy a DI box. As Playall said Time=Money, which is why this studio gent was so impressed with the the speed and quality of the results. If I get a DI box, I'll be able to take my skills other studios.

Edit:I put different mics on the L and R cabs.

I did show him other stuff too, like how the amps clean up and the stereo effects.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom