Axe-FX II: Doyle Bramhall II - Greenlight Girl

Doyle's tone on this album is probably my favorite overdriven Strat sound e v e r . The songs are awesome, too.
You're right, not easy to get from what I can tell. I think you got close with the lead sound, but the rhythm could use a bit more drive and "body".

I always wanted to give Doyle's tone a try myself, but before v10 the Plexi models left me quite unsatisfied - I'll try again now. Where did you get the backing track?

BTW, the main riff's 3rd note is a half step lower than you play. I'm sorry for nitpicking, but I've listened to this song so often throughout the years, it instantly sounded "wrong" to me. Not meant in a bad way, so please excuse me :)

awsome best pure rock sound yet on axe.
im surging for SRV sound i think that you nailed that someware in there to.
really well done and playing,
please patch would be really swell to.
did you say fuzz in front of plexi what fuzz and ir did u use and wat plexi 50/100 bright/norm.
my regards to you

This one is tough... Fuzzes into marshall rigs are VERY particular on the settings and the guitar used. Did my best...

Getting the Green Light

...Patch is coming. Don't have time to post it on my website, but will tonight.

I rarely get chills listening to music but when something gets to me I get the chills.

My chills don't lie, they signify some deeper emotional reaction to what is being said or played, simple as that.

You did your best gave and the solo at the end gave them to me.

You floored me, thanks so much for posting.

Cheers,
Joel in Panama

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom