Axe-Fx II Death Metal Recording

A cover of Decapitated's "The Fury" from their 2004 album "The Negation", check them out at DECAPITATED | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Obviously this isn't my work, just a quick and dirty recording to try out some settings of the Axe-Fx II.

I used an Ibanez Xiphos XPT707, the Das Metall amp sim from the Axe-Fx II and two stock cabinets, the 4x12 Metal with a SM57 mic and an Ownhammer 4x12 Recto with a RE16 DYN mic. Bass is done with an Ibanez BTB676 and an SVT amp sim and 8x10 SV Bass cab and a 57 DYN mic.

The original song can be checked out here: ‪Decapitated - The Fury‬‏ - YouTube

View attachment Diezel Dual Cab.syx

Last edited:
Finally a more decent high gain Axefx II recording. Sounds brutal man. Keep up the great work. The new Decapitated album is probably one of the best DM albums in a long while. Stellar production & killer song writing.

awwww man... i was hoping this would be the whole thing. sick tone and playing nonetheless. IMHO it's not the most suitable tone for this song, but it still sounds AWESOME! good shit.

awwww man... i was hoping this would be the whole thing. sick tone and playing nonetheless. IMHO it's not the most suitable tone for this song, but it still sounds AWESOME! good shit.

I agree, I wasn't necessarily trying to replicate Vogg's tone, just trying to find a setting that suits this style of music, without muddying up the lower end too much. I like the depth of a 7-string, but it can become too muddy very fast without a good tone. This is the first real patch I made on the Axe-Fx II, I actually think I'll lose the second cab for now and focus on simpler patches.

Knarly tone. I like how it cuts through the mix. I wonder if trimming the highs would take away from the attack. Great clip man!

Back
Top Bottom