Axe-FX II DAW plugin?

What I'd love to see is the editor ported over to run as a plugin in a DAW. Similar to what Access has done with the Virus TI.

I know it's not what some people are looking for, but it would simplify things quite a bit for those who use the Axe-FX for recording.

I thought cliff was gaging the interest in if people would bye a vst thats tied to hardware a while back? Its not impossible that he would put this in the market. If uad can be non cracked with a hardware tie why not make some extra cash. Would love to have something that plugs into my express slot on my laptop.

If it ran on the "solo" I'd consider it. That's $349. Any higher requirement just would put it too close to the price of a real unit after the plugin cost on top of the UAD card.

At best, you probably need a duo + $600 ????
And that's why it never happened.

Besides, I don't think UAD wants to sell a plug that includes 50 effects for $600
They rather sell 1 effect for $150

Look at the frenzy of people wanting to buy the AXE-II - Niche Market success at it's finest. Software version Possible = absolutely.. Good business move at this stage in the game = Not at all. If you want it, buy it. Otherwise the logic is; compromise like all the other kids and just get the RIG or eq., or step up to the AXE.... and we do. (As stated elsewhere - the multi platform element would drive FAS customer service crazy and it's just not needed at the time. FAS has their niche, and this is it.

BTW - Yes, I would have bought it if it were offered, as I have MOTU 986HD I/O and MAC Quad core and play mostly studio as serious hobbyist.

I think in the long run, I am glad to have the box, as it is great for separation from computing and such and is straight to the meat and potatoes of playing without having to boot everything up prior to an inspired moment. So I am glad to have it ready to go in my rack.

I would buy AXE vst for iLokII, or other hardware dongle even if it cost the price of the hardware Axe-Fx unit. I need ITB solution. I have never seen a "final answer" from Cliff regarding if it will ever exist. My Ultra is still in the closet and for sale. The thing I miss most about the Ultra so far is the tuner.

+1 on this idea. One of my peeves with the Ultra has been the behavior of assigning external modifiers. If the editor were a vst with CC controllable parameters it's amazing what you could do in a studio with the Axe. I know Cliff has talked about needing to limit the number of modifiers to keep behavior stable, but I just as soon be able to have the ability to assign lots of modifiers and lock it up if I want. Or assign as many as I want, but only be able to tweak 8 at a time. Imagine even the cheap Behringer knob box hooked up the the Axe and/or a computer with full assignability. It's already pretty amazing to assign modifiers to CC and draw/play control envelopes, but this part of the Axe could be further developed.

What I'd love to see is the editor ported over to run as a plugin in a DAW. Similar to what Access has done with the Virus TI.

I know it's not what some people are looking for, but it would simplify things quite a bit for those who use the Axe-FX for recording.

To achieve the high end pro sound out of the Axe fx 2, you need 2 tiger shark chips, the most powerfull ones right now!! An Axe 2 Pc would mean one instance on your daw would probably eats 3/4 of your ressources, thus, not much would be left for other tracks. So, I really doubt you'll see a Pc version of the Axe fx 2 in a near or far future!

I agree and a UAD Quad surely isn't the answer. Wonder why that hardware cost so much? At a tenth of the price I might by into it and pay the current software rates since it looks like they have some cool stuff.

If it ran on the "solo" I'd consider it. That's $349. Any higher requirement just would put it too close to the price of a real unit after the plugin cost on top of the UAD card.

UAD plugins introduce a fixed latency, that would certainly kill one of the most attractive features of the Axe for me: zero latency.
FWIW Even if it happens, I wouldn't be interested.

My Axe FXII is getting ready to leave my studio. Most people end up using my UAD or software plugins. Something about seeing the virtual hardware on-screen seems more inspiring. Funny thing is that I end up mapping the Helix Rack floorboard with scribble strips for them to control the effects. If Axe FX was available as a hardware-accelerated plugin it would change everything.

My Axe FXII is getting ready to leave my studio. Most people end up using my UAD or software plugins. Something about seeing the virtual hardware on-screen seems more inspiring. Funny thing is that I end up mapping the Helix Rack floorboard with scribble strips for them to control the effects. If Axe FX was available as a hardware-accelerated plugin it would change everything.
Agreed. Personally, I record all guitar tracks with my Thermionic plugins on the bus. Then when it's time for mixdown, I re-amp through the Axe-Fx, but it's not with me for the actual recording process. Too much to lug around with my mobile setup.

A bump on that topic ? with better computer and probably better security, is a fractal AU plugin a thing to be now ?
After using a FM3 for a while, I would buy one without a second thought. I agree about the "lesser" product it would be due to I/O lag and such. But THAT is the diffrence with a plugin and the real thing. Once you get that, it's part of the game and it's acceptable. At least to me.

Well. If you ever do a plugin, I get one.

Back
Top Bottom