Axe FX II clipping with USB plugged in

jeremypodom

So, just powered up my Axe for the first time in a long while. Updated from FM15 to 17, and tried to use the USB output to play some backing tracks to jam to. However, as soon as I plug the USB into my computer, a rhythmic clipping/popping is introduced into the output. The popping only occurs if there is sound being output from my guitar, and it completely eliminates other output for the split second that it pops, as opposed to happening simultaneously or underneath the sound.

I reinstalled my drivers, axe edit, powered on and off the Axe and my mac several times, and still nothing helps. As long as I don't plug the USB in there's no popping.

check you cpl usage it goes up when you plug in usb. check is the out put clipping. Is input of guitar and or computer to hot?

Does the popping rhythm match the Tempo light rhythm on the AxeFX?

Try going into the I/O menu on the Axe and page across to the MIDI tab then Nav down to 'Send Realtime Sysex' and change it to either 'None' or 'Tuner'. Does that stop the popping?

Is your DAW set up for 48khz recording and definitely using the correct soundcard device driver (the AxeFX I assume)?

Also - try another USB cable just in case it's as simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom