Meisoshi

Hi all, new Axe-Fx user here.
I'm having some issues with Logic Pro - whenever I open it with the Axe-Fx II running (USB connection to computer) the Axe-Fx flashes 'Bypassed' and no sound is produced. My setup is guitar to front Axe-Fx input, Axe-fx acting as interface with USB connection to computer, and then just using standard headphones from the computer (3.5mm jack).
I've been using this for a few months and have never had this problem. I also have an MFC 101 Mk III connected to the Axe-Fx.
So far I have checked Logic's audio preferences to ensure audio input (Axe-Fx II) and output (External Headphone) were correct. I've tried hitting the bypass button which simply stops the flashing but does not allow sound. The Axe-Fx input lights seem to register the guitar being played but not sound is produced. When I turn off the axe-f and restart it with the logic session open I got about 2-3 seconds of sound when played (though it sounded distorted as though there was a problem with the sample rate). If I shut logic and the Axe-fx down there is no change when I restart them.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm really at a loss. I have in the past had issues where audio recorded from the Axe-Fx into logic would play back crackly, distorted, and at a faster tempo - I suspect this was a sample rate problem but it spontaneously resolved in the past.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

when logic opens, it sends a bunch of midi reset commands.

one fix is to set the axe fx to midi channel 2

the other fix is to get into logic's settings and turn off all the midi commands it send out

Thanks - my midi commands were already turned off in Logic so I swapped Axe-Fx to Midi channel 2... however:
  • The Axe-Fx is now 1 preset out of sync with the MFC101 footcontrol (E.g. Axe-Fx displays and places preset 72 but preset 73 is displayed on the MFC)
  • Many of my presets that were previously okay are now clipping the output
  • The digital tuner (which I access through an MFC101 command) now displays 'Waiting for tuner'

I'm not sure what's happened but if anyone has any tips it'd be much appreciated. This was previously working fine and has seemingly fallen apart for no reason.

Thanks - my midi commands were already turned off in Logic so I swapped Axe-Fx to Midi channel 2... however:
  • The Axe-Fx is now 1 preset out of sync with the MFC101 footcontrol (E.g. Axe-Fx displays and places preset 72 but preset 73 is displayed on the MFC)
  • Many of my presets that were previously okay are now clipping the output
  • The digital tuner (which I access through an MFC101 command) now displays 'Waiting for tuner'

I'm not sure what's happened but if anyone has any tips it'd be much appreciated. This was previously working fine and has seemingly fallen apart for no reason.
The MFC has a couple settings for PC Offset... Most likely one of those is not matching the Axe Fx (which also has a setting).

Hi Guys,

I think I'm having the same exact issue. When I don't have logic open I hear input 1 "wet" signal. When I open logic, there's no signal from input 1 or 2. I can't record input 1 or 2 either. I am able to record input 3 & 4 - I don't hear any monitoring when recording though.

I have midi channel set to 2 on my Axe Fx 2 as recommended. I tried looking for Logic's midi commands but I wasn't able to find a way to turn them off. I still would like to be able to use my midi controllers for recording. I've been using my Axe Fx 2 with midi controllers for over a year with no issue. It just started doing this out of nowhere.

My USB setting in I/O: Output 1
Mac: 10.11.6
Logic: 10.3.3
Axe FX Firmware: Latest one that is available for 2

I've been searching for hours now....getting desperate haha. Thanks for the help in advance.

{SOLUTION}
Step 1: Go to logic pro & go to preferences>midi>and reset all presets. You will need to turn on advanced options to see this (most likely).

Step 2: Set Axe Fx 2 Midi channel to #2. You can do that by looking in the I/O menu - should be under CTRL.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom