Axe Fx II Big Problem!!!!!!!!!!

ckofahl

Inspired
Seriously, many if not most of the amps sound so good I'm having trouble deciding which one to use. It's put me into a state of paralysis by analysis. I've been playing the II for a half a
day and have way too many possibilities if that's even possible. On my ultra, I had a few, but one or two that were the go to amps. but with the II every time I set up a amp and cab, I get lost in its feel and forget about setting up a patch, and before I know, 6hrs have gone by and I've accomplished "nothing". So that's my "big problem". I found that with my ultra, the sound was there, but with the II, the feel is there as well.

Thats actually a very serious problem .... it will affect your outward facing persona and make your forehead enlarge ... the only cure is to let me take the Axe II off your hands and the money I'll send should more or less cover the therapy you require.

Thats actually a very serious problem .... it will affect your outward facing persona and make your forehead enlarge ... the only cure is to let me take the Axe II off your hands and the money I'll send should more or less cover the therapy you require.
I'll help too man (halfsies?)! hahahaha

Seriously, many if not most of the amps sound so good I'm having trouble deciding which one to use. It's put me into a state of paralysis by analysis. I've been playing the II for a half a
day and have way too many possibilities if that's even possible. On my ultra, I had a few, but one or two that were the go to amps. but with the II every time I set up a amp and cab, I get lost in its feel and forget about setting up a patch, and before I know, 6hrs have gone by and I've accomplished "nothing". So that's my "big problem". I found that with my ultra, the sound was there, but with the II, the feel is there as well.
I have this same problem.....a very good problem to have. :)

Hey, even Scott gets to be right some of the time.... lol Btw, you guys all suck... (for obvious reasons...)

I totally get it. I've gotten about to the AC30, preset 6. The 2 Bassguys and the AC30 have me hooked. It's ridiculous how few of the presets I've tried because I just got in and built some basic presets off the first few amps and love the hell out of the sounds I'm getting.

My basic rule of thumb when faced with this problem is to find something that captures the basic essence of what I'm after with the least amount of fiddling and then go with that. Yeah, it's pretty easy to lose a few hours to endless tweaking.

Personally (and to add a hint of balance), I had a little bit of trouble getting good tones out of it straight off the rip. I went through the first dozen or so presets and found myself wondering if I'd made a serious mistake selling my ultra. Fortunately, I turned a corner and I'm getting some great sounds that make me smile wide now but it was scary for a few days.

Personally (and to add a hint of balance), I had a little bit of trouble getting good tones out of it straight off the rip. I went through the first dozen or so presets and found myself wondering if I'd made a serious mistake selling my ultra. Fortunately, I turned a corner and I'm getting some great sounds that make me smile wide now but it was scary for a few days.

Anything in particular help you turn your tone around?

mine should be here within the next 18hrs. man i cant wait
i have a feeling i wont be doing so hot on my Finals in a couple weeks. lol
study or play the axe 2?.....hmmmmm

maybe I still need to use an EQ after (or inside) the amp block.

I have always been an EQ guy.

I started with an old MXR (IIRC) floor box, then moved to rack gear and had a Furman PQ3, a ADA MQ1, and a Rocktron ProQ in my last rack..all used for different things...but yes, many of the tones I go after have to have EQ to get there.

mine should be here within the next 18hrs. man i cant wait
i have a feeling i wont be doing so hot on my Finals in a couple weeks. lol
study or play the axe 2?.....hmmmmm

Study and ace the finals! Then when you are playing every spare minute afterwards you will feel even better about it.

Discipline! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom