Axe-Fx II Beta USB Driver for Mac OS X Catalina

Just one more data point, I just upgraded one of my Macs to Catalina and tested it with the beta driver, it works fine. Thanks again.
:D

I made an account on this forum just to say thanks to Fractal for this update! FA are world-class, huge thanks for caring about your customers, especially the one's who still use older model products. :)

I have installed the new USB driver on iMac (running Catalina) and installed the new Axe-Edit-3.0...
However, when I start Axe-Edit it shows as "disconnected" (cannot see any of my Axe-Fx-II+ presets)
When I look in the Settings/Preferences under General the ports both say <<none>> and cannot be changed to anything else. Still dead in the water... Any suggestions?

After using the new drivers with the Axe Edit, it seems that it takes more time to communicate with the Axe Fx even with simple preset changes takes more time than usual

After using the new drivers with the Axe Edit, it seems that it takes more time to communicate with the Axe Fx even with simple preset changes takes more time than usual

I didn't notice that. I've used it today and preset changes seems to be working w/o any lag.

b6a9fc284e7428422f9ae8cd174c77c7.jpg

I have installed the new USB driver on iMac (running Catalina) and installed the new Axe-Edit-3.0...
However, when I start Axe-Edit it shows as "disconnected" (cannot see any of my Axe-Fx-II+ presets)
When I look in the Settings/Preferences under General the ports both say <<none>> and cannot be changed to anything else. Still dead in the water... Any suggestions?

I’d try a clean config in the MIDI Studio window. Remove all other USB Audio and MIDI devices first.

I recently installed Catalina and then tried to download the new driver and I get the following message:
“Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II USB Driver.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
Thanks

I recently installed Catalina and then tried to download the new driver and I get the following message:
“Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II USB Driver.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
Thanks

This is not a new behavior. Just right-click and select Open instead of double-clicking (this is how you tell GateKeeper that you're taking responsibility for executing an unsigned program).

when I install the usb driver and check my system, the driver still says its developed by apple. did my driver not install or is that what its supposed to say?

Apple doesn't develop anything related to the Axe-FX USB driver, so you might be looking at the wrong driver. In any case, just check whether Axe-Edit is able to communicate with the Axe. If it is, then you have the correct driver installed and working. ;)

Back
Top Bottom