• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Axe-FX II Beta 10 Mid Gain Dynamics

mrechtien

New here
Crunchy OD Mid-Gain tone. James Tyler USA JTV-59 Variax with Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz humbuckers.
Recorded direct via USB - no processing, raw track.
Click Link for downloadable FLAC reference file (it is worth it IMHO).
Hi Scott,

I noticed a certain distortion behavior in that track starting 3:21 (just 2-3 seconds) I found in some of my sounds too:
It sounds a bit like something between resonator and synth - at least you can hear/feel some kind
of wave form.

Is this a normal behavior? Is there a way to avoid it?

To be honest it's been a while I owned a real tube amp and therefore might just not know anymore how that sounds?! :-S

By the way: the rest of that track really sounds amazing - looking forward for Firmware 10!!!

Thx, Markus

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Hi Scott,

I noticed a certain distortion behavior in that track starting 3:21 (just 2-3 seconds) I found in some of my sounds too:
It sounds a bit like something between resonator and synth - at least you can hear/feel some kind
of wave form.

Is this a normal behavior? Is there a way to avoid it?

To be honest it's been a while I owned a real tube amp and therefore might just not know anymore how that sounds?! :-S

By the way: the rest of that track really sounds amazing - looking forward for Firmware 10!!!

Thx, Markus
That's me turning my PEQ boost off. To avoid it, don't turn things on/off. ;)

Top Bottom