Axe-FX II + Bass Guitar + Yamaha HS80M's

So I'm looking to buy a bass for recording purposes and I'm wondering if it's feasible to run it through the Axe, while being monitored by a pair of Yamaha HS80M's. I'm just skeptical since I don't have the the sub for the system. Does anyone have any experience with a similar configuration for bass guitar? While I'm at it, anyone have any bass suggestions for around $600? Thanks dudes!

I use this kind of setup and it is quite ok. But if you want to feel the bass you need to put volumne up... Bass suggestion depends on style.... for heavy music Schecter is good for the price.
For small room Sub is not needed.

I use the HS80's when tracking bass through the Axe. I always run two signals (di) but find the axe does most in the mix. These speakers are def adequate and handle bass response well..just make sure how you have them set in relation to their location in your room and treatment.

https://soundcloud.com/futurluv/halo-8

acoustic bass kicks in around 3:34 (mixed on hs80's with RME UFX and axe2)

peace,
-a

You cant go past the sterling range by musicman, a Ray35 would be killer. I suggest if your having trouble with the low end, grab some ATH-M50s headphones, they have great low end and you can really hear whats going on if you need to check mixes quickly.

Back
Top Bottom