Axe-Fx II as Audio Interface - Plugin/re-amping

Adinfinitum

Experienced
If I'm reading the specifications correctly, Axe-Fx II is also a OSX Core Audio interface. Are there any plans to release a plug-in (AxePC) with Axe-edit to make re-amping easier? Since the Axe-fx has to be plugged in via USB , shouldn't be a huge problem with copy protection (similar to the Eleven Rack).

The Reamping question has been asked in the technical thread. It appears that one of the tracks that gets sent over USB is the raw instrument track. You can record that, along with the rest of the tracks, right into your DAW.

Yes, but then you have to send it back to the Axe-Fx for re-amping. I'm talking about an AU/VST plugin where the hardware acts as a dongle.

Does that really make reamping easier? You still need to have the Axe attached and you can use Axe-Edit to pull up and edit the patch you want.

I'm guessing then it would work with Pro Tools 9 same way Eleven Rack does for 8+ ? ...Which reamps through USB...

Yes, it makes reamping easier, at least for me. ymmv. The Pod X3 acted as a hardware dongle for PodFarm. Much easier having a plugin that can re-amp than shooting audio back n forth from the hardware although, of course, if the Axe is your only audio interface, then it's passing through anyway, right)?

Back
Top Bottom