Axe Fx II as an interface

mgavin

Experienced
just wondering if i can get some info on the axe ii as an interface and how it works etc... what programs would be ideal to use? logic, protools? thanks in advance :D

just wondering if i can get some info on the axe ii as an interface and how it works etc... what programs would be ideal to use? logic, protools? thanks in advance :D

this has been discussed quite thoroughly in the Technical Questions thread if you do a search through that thread you'll find tons of info I'm sure.

You can use pretty much any daw and/or other music software you'd use any other interface for with it. If PT, it has to be V 9. Which daw to use is up to you.

It basically works the same as any other audio device with a USB interface. Audio in, audio out, monitor via headphone jack.

In addition to the OP's question, has anyone used this on a Mac simultaneously with another audio/midi interface? I haven't tried this with 2 interfaces and am wondering what the implications are for performance and stability.

I use an FF400 for audio (soon to be a UFX) and midi IO and would like to use the following signal path:

Guitar > FF400 in 3 > mac > AxeFX II in 1 > AxeFX II output 1+2 > mac > FF400 output 1 + 2.
or
Guitar > AxeFX II in 1 > AxeFX II out 1,2,3 > mac > FF400 output 1 + 2.

I don't think this is covered in the huge technical thread. I effectively do the first path with my Ultra except that it's SPDIF and midi io cables instead of USB. That gives me the ultimate in flexibility with DAW and other gear. I preferred the sound of the FF400 input over the Ultra's input but maybe that will change with the II.

Back
Top Bottom