Axe-Fx II as a sound card (need help)

Nafanya

Friends, good afternoon.
I really need help.
I am from Russia, so I apologize for Google translator))))
When I had the sound path Guitar > Axe Fx II > MacBook (Logic Pro X) > RME, I was fine.
But now I have sold an RME sound card, and the other has not yet arrived.
I read that Axe FX II can work like a sound card and decided to try it. I connected the Axe FX II with a USB. In Logic settings, I set the necessary values and everything began to work.
But there is one "but": when playing, I hear 2 guitars (one from the track in Logic, the second from Fractal).
How do I make the Axe FX II work like a sound card? That is, I want to hear the guitar only inside Logic and control the volume and effects (delay, reverb, etc.) just there.
Is it possible?
Respectfully Alexander.

While it is possible, it's very much recommended that you direct monitor through the AxeFX rather than through the DAW. The AxeFX has very very minimal latency, while monitoring through the DAW I've found always has at least 40ms, completely unusable. There might be ways to reduce that through lowering the samples, but I don't know a reason where you'd want to monitor through the DAW rather than direct monitoring honestly.

However if you really need to monitor through the DAW, you can add an FX loop in your preset at the end to send the signal to output 2 and disconnect the shunt from the end, and use the USB audio routed to output 1.

I have monitors connected to Axe Fx. But I hear 2 guitars (one from DAW and one always from Axe FX) - this is inconvenient...
Adding settings to each preset is not the most convenient solution.
Maybe there are other ways?
How do I make the guitar signal come to DAW, but in Axe Fx the direct output of the guitar was not heard?

AFAIK there isn't another way, because there really isn't a reason to do that- all the FX you should need are in the Axe, so you're supposed to hear the output of the Axe. Somebody else can correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be tracking using the direct monitoring of the Axe, rather than through the DAW.

Friends, good afternoon.
I really need help.
I am from Russia, so I apologize for Google translator))))
When I had the sound path Guitar > Axe Fx II > MacBook (Logic Pro X) > RME, I was fine.
But now I have sold an RME sound card, and the other has not yet arrived.
I read that Axe FX II can work like a sound card and decided to try it. I connected the Axe FX II with a USB. In Logic settings, I set the necessary values and everything began to work.
But there is one "but": when playing, I hear 2 guitars (one from the track in Logic, the second from Fractal).
How do I make the Axe FX II work like a sound card? That is, I want to hear the guitar only inside Logic and control the volume and effects (delay, reverb, etc.) just there.
Is it possible?
Respectfully Alexander.

Yes, that's a common way to work. Simply connect your speakers to your computer audio output and select that as your output device in Logic. Either that or get a proper audio interface...the AxeFX II is a rather primitive audio interface and lacks the routing option you need.

However if you really need to monitor through the DAW, you can add an FX loop in your preset at the end to send the signal to output 2 and disconnect the shunt from the end, and use the USB audio routed to output 1.

Another way to do this is setting Output 2 Echo = Output 1, then sending value 0 for the Output 1 Volume CC (or have a pedal assigned to it). With either method "USB/Digi Out Source" should be Output 2.

Yes, that's a common way to work. Simply connect your speakers to your computer audio output and select that as your output device in Logic. Either that or get a proper audio interface...the AxeFX II is a rather primitive audio interface and lacks the routing option you need.
Thanks

Another way to do this is setting Output 2 Echo = Output 1, then sending value 0 for the Output 1 Volume CC (or have a pedal assigned to it). With either method "USB/Digi Out Source" should be Output 2.
I'll try this option, too. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom