Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Hi there.

I've noticed that on Fractal site on main downloads page (https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-downloads/) there is still only Ares 1.03 in the list of latest firmware updates

@FractalAudio Is there any special reason why Ares 2.00 isnt't on "Downloads" page on Fractal's site?

Is it less stable or less validated/checked than 1.03 ? Or is it some kind of a Beta version?

I would like to be sure before I update FW from Quantum to that version of Ares (2.00)

Last edited:
I've been using the Ares 2.00 on a daily basis since the day it was out (almost 11 months now?).

No problems whatsoever here.

The fact that Ares 2.00 is not yet visable on the normal download page makes me hope for ARES 2.xx, 3.xx, 4.xx, ... :)

I think I'm on Q10.1 and now using my Axefx3, is it worth the update to Aries, does it change the presets alot
Me, personally, I regret switching from Quantum to Ares. It changed my presets so much that I never fully recovered. By the time I realized it, I had invested too much time developing new presets in Ares, and couldn't go back to Quantum anymore. But note that I am a minority with this opinion... Most people switched happily and never looked back.

I have noticed that on YouTube the searches and videos related to Axe fx are less than enough these days. My videos of the last 6 years and less are from AXE FX 2. I think we have been something like the golden generation, and that it is no longer necessary for my videos to have the same titles. Or maybe it's time to upgrade. But it is that even today the 2 sounds great!

Me, personally, I regret switching from Quantum to Ares. It changed my presets so much that I never fully recovered. By the time I realized it, I had invested too much time developing new presets in Ares, and couldn't go back to Quantum anymore. But note that I am a minority with this opinion... Most people switched happily and never looked back.
Just use Fractal Bot to back up your presets.

After an hour with Ares, I realized how much work was ahead of me and switched back to Quantum. Quite happy with it.

My experience has been a massive improvement using ARES.
Most of my patches use Austin Buddy Dream Rigs ASA start point, and I build from there. AB has done most of the hard work in my scenario!

Had a couple of odd bugs - changed a patch, AxeFX II got much louder, and it turned out the Output 1 knob was no longer controlling the output volume. Switching patches didn't fix it. Power cycling the Axe Fx II did fix it. There was no USB connection in use (No Axe Edit involvement). Anyone else experience this?

I tried on my friend's Axe Fx3 ARCHON amp model and I was completely blown away. I have Ax Fx XL +. It would be great if another Ares Firmware came out with ARCHON amp model because it’s amazing :)

I tried on my friend's Axe Fx3 ARCHON amp model and I was completely blown away. I have Ax Fx XL +. It would be great if another Ares Firmware came out with ARCHON amp model because it’s amazing :)

I hear ya, damn near everything they've added sounds amazing; I'd love to get an Axe FX 3 to join in with that fun but I just don't have the funds to do that these days, rona has been absolute hell on the wallet and spending any kind of money on basically anything that isn't a necessity.

Hi there.

I've noticed that on Fractal site on main downloads page (https://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-downloads/) there is still only Ares 1.03 in the list of latest firmware updates

@FractalAudio Is there any special reason why Ares 2.00 isnt't on "Downloads" page on Fractal's site?

Is it less stable or less validated/checked than 1.03 ? Or is it some kind of a Beta version?

I would like to be sure before I update FW from Quantum to that version of Ares (2.00)

I just came here to ask the same question because my Axe-Fx II XL+ is still on Quantum 10.01 and I was thinking about updating to Ares 1.03 from the download page until I noticed Ares 2.00 is mentioned on the Wiki "Firmware release notes - Axe-Fx II" https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware_release_notes_-_Axe-Fx_II

There's a lot of posts in this thread and I don't have time to read thru them all.

Did @FractalAudio ever answer this question?

I just came here to ask the same question because my Axe-Fx II XL+ is still on Quantum 10.01 and I was thinking about updating to Ares 1.03 from the download page until I noticed Ares 2.00 is mentioned on the Wiki "Firmware release notes - Axe-Fx II" https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware_release_notes_-_Axe-Fx_II

There's a lot of posts in this thread and I don't have time to read thru them all.

Did @FractalAudio ever answer this question?
HI, ARES 2.0 IS PERFECTLY SAFE TO INSTALL AND IS THE LAST UPDATE OF SOFTWARE VERSION FOR THE AXE FX II AS OF ITS DATE OF RELEASE. IT SOUNDS AMAZING AND VERY CLOSE THE AXE FX III WHEN ARES 2.00 CAME OUT.

• Haha
Reactions: jon
Back
Top Bottom