Axe-Fx II "Ares" Rev 2.00 Firmware Release

Gate Expanders are very useful - I like how Cliff used the phrase "less chatter". Its very helpful to have this reduced 'chattiness' - When at home I use Fabfilter's Pro-G but to have it built into the amp sim would be very very nice.

Gate Expanders are very useful - I like how Cliff used the phrase "less chatter". Its very helpful to have this reduced 'chattiness' - When at home I use Fabfilter's Pro-G but to have it built into the amp sim would be very very nice.

It's also a few pounds off your rig, useful for not paying over limit fees at the airport!

Useful too for not having another device connected, to maintain fidelity and prevent ground loops!

Useful for freeing up a rack space the pro rack g would have been in!

Useful when you're carrying your rig up 3 flights of stairs!

Useful for tweaking to get exactly the gating options YOU are looking for!

Useful for not having to spend another 500usd on a pro rack g if you're looking to get into live playing!

I have been wanting this since the ultra days - it's been some time in coming but am I glad it's finally here!!! Thanks again for a killer update @FractalAudio!

I’ve been playing my strat a lot more lately, flipping though models today I landed on the FAS Wreck model, really cool cleans. Dig in, and great crunch too.

I’ve been using one of the hiwatt models for cleans but I think I might like this one better.

Funny story. I've been gigging an AX8 for a few years. Recently sold it to buy an FM3....and we all know how that's going. Point is, I have gigs coming up. When I upgraded my studio rig to a III, I didn't sell my II. I decided to save it for a (yet unrealized) band project that would require some complex patches that the AX8 couldn't quite manage.

Realizing that the FM3 is a distant mirage, I just prepped my Axe-FX II for gigging. Took it to practice last night and 😍 ! I should have done this ages ago. After last night, I don't know if the band will ever let me play through anything else.

Do not take it badly. It's just for fun. This thread that, somewhat dry since October 2019, I think. regards

I wouldn’t expect any update until the FM3 is in many more hands. An update for the old units would possibly discourage sales for the new ones. And with the coronavirus, that could take awhile.

I clarify: I love my axe fx 2 and it seems to me the best team I have ever had. Better to clarify, so as not to hurt your sensibilities. Take care everyone here. If you can, stay at home. Regards!

My last video:

Back
Top Bottom